Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH]

Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH]
Re: Mini-Grand 5106 [Round 1: Corola Cabana]
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Atasha was on her way to the town when she became aware that she'd forgot to bring her bag with her when she'd been pulled into this battle. She wouldn't have any cash for clothes shopping! What a disaster! That was when she spotted a guy in a black suit with coattails, carrying a heavy book. She remembered this guy from the introduction. He'd clearly come well-prepared. If anyone in this competition had some cash then it was him, and she was pretty sure that with a little persuasion she could get him to spend it all on her. Guys loved spending money on her.

"Hey!" she yelled, trying to remember his name. "Matty was it?"

--------

Zafira and Sara gradually became aware of the smell of burning wood. Sara pushed Zaffy away and sniffed at the air. "What is that smell?"

"Who cares?" Zafira replied dismissively.

"No, really," Sara said, "what is that smell?" Zafira reluctantly sniffed.

"Smells like that time I burnt the post office down." Zafira suggested.

"Oh crumbs it's a forest fire!" Sara said, around them flames danced from tree to tree, consuming the forest quicker than anyone could have anticipated. Their route of escape cut off, replaced with a fiery inferno. Sara gripped Zaffy close and backed away from the advancing flames.

---------

Mindy and Debbie made their way down the beach. Mindy ran ahead, spinning and twirling and generally appearing to have a really great time, Debbie hung back, chewing her nails and staring intently at a man further down the beach. Mindy ran up and grabbed hold of her.

"Come on Debs!" Mindy said. "We're on the beach! Time to let your hair down!" Debbie pulled Mindy close and whispered to her.

"Is that the guy from before?" She pointed to the guy in a conspicuous labcoat staring out to sea.

"Still with the whole battle thing?!" Mindy laughed. "It's just some scientist having a nice day at the beach... like we're supposed to be!" Debbie rolled her eyes.

"I don't think scientists wear labcoats to-" she stopped and looked at Mindy whose face had just gone serious. "What is it?" she asked nervously.

"My sparklesense is tingling." Mindy said. "I think the other chix are in trouble!"

"I don't think sparklesense is a real thing." Debbie replied.

"Oh no!" Mindy said. "Look!" she spun Debbie around and pointed into the sky above the forest where dark plumes of smoke were rising. "It's a forest-fire!"

"I told you this place was dangerous!" Debbie said.

"There will be enough time for 'I told you so's later." Mindy said. "We have to save the others... but how?"

"I have an idea." Debbie said. "We need to get to the town."

"Oh hey, I had that idea as well!" Mindy said quickly. "Get to the town is the first stage of the idea. Let's carry it out before we elaborate further." Debbie rolled her eyes, but refrained from chastising Mindy. There was no time to waste.

Messages In This Thread
Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH] - by Woffles - 07-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Re: Mini-Grand 5106 [Round 1: Corola Cabana] - by Ixcaliber - 07-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Re: Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH] - by Ixcaliber - 08-25-2012, 09:15 AM