The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Three: Water...place!]
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

The Observer lifted his hat and looked at his eyebrow...s. Who the hell had managed to shave off the middle of his perfectly kept brow without him noticing? Very concerning. Now, if his guesstimations were correct, the round should be ending soon. Still a bit to go before his other guests would show up, but that probably didn't matter right now anyways. For now, he needed to call up his old buddy again!

The Observer turned on a screen where the Director was apparent, milling about and apparently unaware he was being watched.
"Hey, Smokey!"
The Director flinched at the grating sound of his "successor's" voice. What was it now?
"Haven't heard from you in a while? Been busy with All-Stars stuff, right?"

"I have, actually. How is it, I must ask, that your battle has yet to produce a winner when-"
"Season one is not the topic right now, man. I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to be using some of your resources. Like that Geiram place you cooked up!"
"I don't think I had given you permission to use Battleopolis. Besides, it is-"
"Don't worry about that, I already grabbed it! Go and check the pocket universe you were keeping it in and you'll see! Well, I suppose you won't see. Took some work to move an entire city messed up like that without you noticing."
The Director paused for a few moments, spacing out while his consciousness was focused elsewhere. By the time he had gotten back, however, the subject of his newfound anger had already gone.

Just as predicted, Kracht had been destroyed! Really, at the start of the round, Observer wasn't entirely certain that the location changing thing would work, but it was worth a shot! Even then, he could probably figure something out for the next round. Causality's a bitch, and he didn't really want to screw with it too much. Okay maybe just a little.

He cracked his knuckles and shaved off the rest of his eyebrow, deciding it just looked weird the way it currently was, and got the next round underway.

The four remaining contestants, once again, found themselves in a new, unfamiliar location. The ruins of a city were apparent, as were buildings that were untarnished, and perhaps even new. Something had clearly happened here some time ago. Long enough for people to start rebuilding. The voice of the Observer could be heard from nowhere in particular.

"Hello, contestants! Seems like my picking on Kracht went a little bit far. Oops! Well, all's well that ends well, as they say! Now, about your new arena! This place was already used in a previous battle by a good friend of mine. You can tell because of the fact that everything is broken. Well, not quite everything. There were a few survivors! I think only a generation's gone by since then, so there are a couple hundred people living here. Some of the older ones might be able to give you an idea of what happened... if they're still of sound mind to do so by the time you get to that. Anyways, enjoy the wonderful town of New Battleopolis, everyone! Toodaloo!"

The Observer's speech finished, leaving the contestants to start the new round proper.

"Alright, now, time to sit back and watch the show..."

The Observer thought to his visitor just prior to the previous round. He didn't really know too much about the guy, but decided he hadn't fucked with enough beings of unimaginable power lately anyways. Maybe he'd tell the local Mr. Xodapop about the alternate timeline guest he just had. That should be an interesting conversation.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Three: Water...place!] - by Robust Laser - 06-17-2011, 05:30 AM