The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Two: Sk'va!]
Originally posted on MSPA by slipsicle.

The clone looked around as the crowd erupted with patriotic fervor, caused by the return of their "Inscriber". The lizardkin dispersed throughout their floating city; engineers descended into its bowels, and able-bodied citizens lined up outside its barracks.

Unobserved, however, were tendrils of amorphous tan which snaked their way through the guts of Cyk'nl, stalking the engineers as they prepared the island for movement.

The clone risked a glance at the Ovoid, lips pursed in a nervous expression as its surface rippled and seized. "What are you doing..." he muttered. Abruptly, then, his face was wracked with pain, and his body trembed as he struggled against the vice-grip of an invisible giant's hand. The Ovoid began to vibrate, barely controled chaos seeming to seethe from its surface.

The former Communist gasped and collapsed fowards, leaning on Weo's scythe, other hand pressed up against his forehead. Without a moment to gather himself, the tan-colored bodysuit suddnly tightened, and the clone found himself flying through the air.

The Ovoid was now alone in Cyk'nl's town square. Its incomprehensible shaking rose to an altogether violent degree, and blobs of amorphous tan erupted into existence around it, rending and bending the metal landscape around it into a new shape...

As Cyk'nl altered course and rushed towards Sk'va, none noticed the poor clone flying through the air. The citizens of both flying islands were too preoccupied with each other to notice him land on the edge of Sk'va, right next to a human-shaped rock anomaly.

Kracht looked up as the clone landed rather clumsily next to him.

"The Entity... I believe you know it as '3-space elliptical'? I think that's how it translates. It uh... it wishes me to deliver a message. To you."

Kracht smiled, faintly. "Oh good! He's finally started to communicate! Though... it is odd, he's only recently started using you, and with mixed results. Usually you two end up becoming close friends-" Kracht's expression abruptly changed as the clone clenched his teeth in pain, knuckles going white as he gripped the scythe.

"Guhhaah! Friends? Hah! Do you know what this thing has doooAAAHH!" another seizure flayed the clone's body. "Yes, yes! I'm sorry I'll... I'll get to the point."

The clone took a moment to gather himself before looking Kracht directly in the eyes.

"It says, 'Something has changed.'"

With those words, the sound of tortured metal ripped across the two linked sky-cities. Alarms wailed as key mechanical pieces were suddenly torn to pieces inside both islands. Everything seemed to drop two feet before settling down once more.

And then Sk'va and Cyk'nl began to fall.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Two: Sk'va!] - by GBCE - 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM