The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!]
Originally posted on MSPA by slipsicle.

The Ovoid appears to be having some trouble. While Kracht labored to set this iteration in order, it had been innocuously thrusting itself on a wall, slowly making its way towards the briefing room door in spurts and stutters. As the door closed, it was still having difficulty navigating the corridor, meandering between walls and running into absolutely everything, leaving smears of red on the surfaces it touched. Now, with the door finally closed, and the newly-assigned troubleshooters on their way to their new assignments, the Ovoid has finally reached the door. It slowly presses itself against the door, sliding around slightly as the pressure increases, and then abruptly stops moving.

Inside, the game between Friend Computer and Xadrez has just completed. Xadrez exits, moving to rejoin the rest of the group. The briefing room is now empty. For a moment.

Shapes swell from nothingness. At least ten have appeared around the room, floating aimlessly, their form unsettled and unsettling. Three of the larger ones float near to the interface from which Friend Computer's voice previously emanated.

"ERRR WHAT. OH GODDAMNIT GET OUT OF HERE STUPID COMMIE HIPPIE LIBERAL MUTANT THING FREAK THING. BE FASTER NEXT TIME. NO WAIT NEVERMIND DON'T BE FASTER BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE OR HOW YOU'D FIT INTO A TROUBLESHOOTER SQUAD. BECAUSE YOU ARE WEIRD."

One of the trio of flowing shapes moves closer to Friend Computer's interface. Its surface ripples. Outside, the Ovoid begins to bang on the door, irregularly.

"NO. JUST NO. YOU'RE WEIRD AND FREAKY AND STUPID AND DUMB AND GODDAMNIT WHY CAN'T YOU SETTLE ON A SHAPE THIS IS SO CONFUSIN-ERRERpenguinswitches MY FACE IS A COCKY STOMACHWHAT ARE YOU DOING CUT THAT OUT MUTANT SCUM OR WHATEVER"

As Friend Computer had been speaking, tendrils of amorphous tan had snaked their way through various electronic components throughout Alpha Complex, slowly disrupting Friend Computer's normal function. In the briefing room, the surface of the three larger shapes ripple violently, as the seven smaller ones behind them shift and dance around the room.

"OK FINE I'M OPENING THE DOOR. DICK. ALSO THIS ISN'T OVER AND STUFF. I'LL BE WATCHING YOU."

The door opens. The Ovoid moves through. The ten floating, shifting shapes shrink back to nothingness. As the Ovoid moves through to follows Xadrez and the others, Friend Computer manages to give off the impression of glaring.

"YOU ARE OFFICIALLY DESIGNATED OFFICER OF THINGS THAT ARE DUMB. LIKE YOU."

The Officer of Things that are Dumb exits, headed off towards the rest of the Troubleshooters, unperturbed by its new rank.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!] - by GBCE - 06-14-2010, 06:19 PM