WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died
Originally posted on MSPA by Boogeyman5870.

I'm not particularly interested in making rainbow walls at this juncture. They're kind of a lame way to try and look like you're a contributing member of the game in the face of a lynch. I did however need to easily search and quote stuff to do this one. I'd rather do something actually productive and convince you that you're on the wrong side of this CD.

Also your views on the subject are fairly well known, but the research is not. You have been all over this slot since before I replaced in. You've said very loudly numerous that I am scum, but you have yet to demonstrate why. Why exactly have you been gunning for this slot for so long, and why do you feel the need to not share those reasons?

Palamedes Wrote:You want to know where I was? Sure.

Day 1:

I pushed the Visceral lynch and I'll never regret it. (Mental note to look at Mirdini/seedy/Agent train tomorrow.) Meanwhile your predecessor sat on Mr. Guy for no proper reason for like, the entire day.
Despite everything else, I'll give out no hate on that front. If I was in the game I would have lynched him that day as well. I said as much in 640.
Palamedes Wrote:Day 2:
First it is interesting to see this:

Note how Tea only made one post in between this and his initial vote. And all he did was a 'this is what to notice when I die and flip town' post. Which isn't much at all and it looked like you were really trying to get off of Tea and throw a vote on a guy you couldn't look bad for lynching (because he was doing nothing). Also a guy who wasn't likely to be lynched because there was so little time left. Oh jesus christ you even said you didn't think he was mafia but were voting him for being third party (Note this becomes really important later guys).

Yeah I was on Tea but I'm going to defend myself there too because there wasn't anyone else to go after at that point (Pilot, Solaris, and Namboto were poorer options to me at the time).
In 640 I unvoted Tea after actually completing my read through. There was a lot of conflicting data about Tea running around, and it's why I didn't flail too hard against the lynch. He had a lot of scummy circumstances but at the time I said :

"Despite all of that I don't think I like this lynch that much. I actually liked Tea better coming off of TeaGuyGate. MV was acting all kinds of scummy, and I think his actions there D1 were incredibly justified. If I had been in the game I would have voted MV. In addition his posts had a tone of trying to get MV to understand what he was doing wrong (302, 325, 345, 346). To me that looks like Tea trying to get a town into gear and contributing, and what is the motivation for that as scum? In the other direction though 345 and 346 make his actions in D2 all the more baffling. It appears that he's throwing out his own advice."

That stuff felt strangely town in the face of the evidence. The post that finally convinced me not to vote Tea was the one you call nothing much at all (657). You only call it that because you're failing to fundamentally understand my process. None of the stuff about noticing stuff after his flip was at all important to me. I would say this line in particular sticks out to me:

"Don't get me wrong, I expected (welcomed even!) silliness, but I also expected to be playing mafia. Which... Doesn't seem to be the game we're playing here, precisely. (Not to say it isn't fun). "

That was a statement from a man who was exhausted by this game and grimly accepted that because of his own inability to flourish in this setting that he was going to be lynched. That entire post was an apology to the Town players he should have been able to convince and help scum hunt. This resonated with me because I had just completed my read and also felt lost and confused in this game. He wasn't scum after that, just a townie that knew he failed. I didn't care about any of the data points he spewed out. I cared about what all the other things made Tea look like.

I voted Solaris because unlike apparently everyone else on earth I think 3ps need to be eliminated as well. They are working towards their own end goals and they are not town. I am perfectly happy to string up a 3p any day because it's one less source hurting town.

Palamedes;7059066

=Day 3: Pilot lynch I pushed near the end beause A) I supported it, B) Fuck all was happening and I didn't want a no lynch (I guess in retrospect I could have gone for Agent but he wasn't as dangerous as scum busdriver in my mind and I kind of have many secret reasons why town busdriver started to seem ridiculous on top of everything else and I [I Wrote:
can[/I] reveal all that if I have to).

You sat on, once again, a third party, again avoiding being on a lynchwagon.
There was only two barely going lynches at that time. Teh and Agent. I had good reads on Agent, and I figured Teh must have been town as well after all that nonsense with Tea. Again I chose a target that I believe may be actively harmful to Town. If we had someone I thought was scum on the table then I would have voted for them instead.

Quote:Better do better then that by the way. I already pointed out that you voted Solaris after saying that you didn't think he was scum. Then on day three you proceeded to not mention him at all until he was townfirmed by Namboto which was actually my real point but like here have this for you people who didn't want to read the spoiler'd response to Boogey:

Thanks for the blatant contradiction. I am now super 100% behind killing you today.
Solaris was a 3p that was a viable lynch option at the time, and better than Tea. I don't like 3ps and don't agree with letting them wiggle free if they're put in such a position. The only reason I let Solaris go was because Beru split the lynch and sent us to kung fu fun times. Wanting Solly dead for being wacky and hard to read took a backseat to a blatantly scummy actions for Beru. Before I could make it back around to that discussion though, Nam destroyed all my reads in one fell swoop (an exaggeration, but still).

Anyway I really don't see what you're getting at with those two bolded posts being a blatant contradiction. They are both saying the exact same thing, that 544 was what got me to back off them being scum. What I did after that was under the assumption they were a 3p.

So yes I guess I like trying to lynch 3ps. Pala, you seem to like trying to lynch town. It seems that yours is probably the scummier hobby. When I see someone that I think is probably town and someone that I think is probably a 3p, I will go for that 3p every single time.

QE: Sorry to all those getting bummed out by the quote walls. If anyone didn't want to read it all I have included a graphical representation of our clash of the titans.

[Image: tumblr_mhq4ro4qh21rea0pio1_250.gif]

Anyway I actually am having fun with all of this. I've never gone head to head with a player like Palamedes in this kind of situation before. It's challenging and awesome. Sorry if it buzz killed the rest of the game. I should have used a funny accent or more gifs so it didn't disrupt everyone else's fun.

Messages In This Thread
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died - by Boogeyman - 02-14-2013, 03:35 AM