We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
(05-02-2013, 06:53 PM)weirdguy Wrote: »yeah, i read about it

what did they do that caused veterans to quit

AND WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING IT

SpoilerShow
Really if OOO:
  • Cut crafting CE costs by half, or maybe even just 100
  • Made the endgame bosses (shadow lairs) more accessible
  • Stopped making more fucking promotional recolors of the currently available accessories
  • Killed the "10 energy to go down one floor" restriction so that you weren't super limited in what you were doing in F2P
  • Made more NEW CONTENT like not just new enemies, actual new bosses and story stuff
  • Made better new gear/balanced some of the older stuff
  • Generally fixed some of the issues people have been throwing at them since the game launched

it would be a pretty great game. Even just one would be a massive improvement. It's still fun, it's just that it's a massive grindfest with a limit on how much you can grind in its current state.
I played a lot more when I was part of a guild (and had the chance to play whenever I wanted instead of being limited by my dad), because Guilds really do help - a 5* player (who is nice enough/skilled enough) can usually carry a lower leveled player through a few grinds of FSC (the main Final Boss's levels) to help them get CE more easily.

I think the biggest problem is that once you get to 5*, the biggest draws are "getting all the items" and "making yourself look cool", both of which are INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT endeavors! to get one piece of armor from 2* (the normal lowest rank for most of the best armor sets) to 5*, it costs a total of 1400 CE and 8500 crowns. Considering the average trade rate of Crowns to CE is between 7 and 8k for 100 (the base unit of CE is measured in 100s usually), that means that to make one 5* armor piece from a 2*, it costs between 18300 and 19700 crowns, plus a number of materials - some of which can go for ridiculous prices in the auction house and are a pain to grind for.

To put that in perspective, the average FSC run nets you maybe 5k if I remember right. That's one run of 3 of the highest level floors in the game. that's around 4 runs per armor piece, not counting the fact that you need to get "heat" on the weapons or armor you're upgrading to a specific point, and the recipe, which when bought from a vender cost 20k for just the 5*, and are even MORE expensive from the AH and...

see where I'm going with this? The easy way out for high level players is to "buy CE and sell it for crowns" to be able to get what you want. :/

Messages In This Thread
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - by Romythered - 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM