GreyGabe' WebQue t [Texting, Texting, 123]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GreyGabe' WebQue t [Texting, Texting, 123]
Re: GreyGabe's WebQuest [Textual Healing]
Dragon Fogel Wrote:Yell down in the basement asking if they've seen BoxBorg.
“HEY.” You shout. “YOU SEEN A ROBOT MADE ENTIRELY OF CARDBOARD BOXES DOWN THERE?”
“No. Go away.”
“KTHXBAI!”

MrGuy Wrote:> Eat that fish to recover HP.
It’s not even cooked! You’ll need to find a Fryer if you want to make it edible. Unfortunately, you don’t think you have one. And even if you did, it was probably somewhere inside Boxborg. Sigh.

AgentBlue Wrote:>Alternatively, actually look for clues instead of jumping to conclusions and out the door.
You search around your house for valuable clues. What’s this?
You find A Poorly Written Note. You can read it, but just barely. The penmanship is terrible, even worse than yours. Almost as if it were written… by someone with boxes for hands. Gasp!

It reads:

Boxborg Wrote:Deer Geyb,
You is cre8ing mee, bt not luving me. I duznt haz a breyns, and onlee boxis for hanz. I must go owt intwo werld to fine somebuddy to luv me lyke I deezurve. Donut luk fer me. I thenk iz bedder that wei.

Sinseerlee,
Boxborg.

P.S. Thare iz a munstor in yor bacemint. Hee iz not vary nise. Pleeze tel him I theenk he iz a poop.
For an entity lacking a brain or any working digits, you have to admit his penmanship and spelling are actually pretty stellar. You know, considering. You drop the letter into your Gallifreyan Satchel in case you need it again.

Oh! Before you forget.

"HEY!" You shout down towards the basement.
"What now, you insufferable sack of flesh?"
"MY CARDBOARD ROBOT THINKS YOU'RE A POOP. JUST FYI."
"Oh, the pain, the pain. Is that all?"
"YEP." You slam the basement door.

Godbot Wrote:> Now that we're sure that either someone's broken into your house or your horrible creation's come to life and hidden somewhere, you should go sleep and then take a shower to restore your health.
Oh yeah, no time like the present, eh? I mean, no need to hurry, obviously.
You enter your bedroom, and flop down on the bed. You fall asleep within seconds.

You dream that you are a purple balloon floating through a banana orchard. Every once in a while, one of the bananas murmurs a dark, prophetic warning. Unfortunately, you can’t quite remember what it is upon waking. Oh well. Probably not important.

Groggy, you stumble in the general direction of your shower. Climbing in, you let the hot water cascade over—

“Hey! No narrating me while I’m in the shower! Get the hell out of here!”

Oh, sorry. (Touchy in the morning, aren’t we?)
Your various morning rituals done with, you feel refreshed and ready to face the day. Well, more or less. You’re still achy and throbby in places, but a good night’s rest and a hot shower can do wonders for what ails you. Your shampooing and scrubbing didn't manage to fade your green hair any, though. Whatever that stuff was, it was very probably magical in some way.

AgentBlue Wrote:>Boxbot Boxborg probably went to the Administration Buildings to try and gain citizenship. Check there first.
Eh, worth a shot. You grab a can of Doc Jitter’s Happy-Fun-Time Go-Go Juice from the fridge on your way out. Mmmm… caffeine and high fructose corn syrup, just what you need to face the day! Despite the name, it contains absolutely no juice whatsoever. You gulp it down greedily as you walk towards the Administration Buildings, still dragging your Increasingly Shopping Cart along with you (It’s strange… you don’t remember the ride being this smooth, and looking directly into the interior gives you a little bit of eye-strain, like looking at one of those Magic Eye things for too long. Hmm.).

The Administration Buildings are fairly typical, utilitarian buildings where all of Eagle Town’s vital functions are carried out. On the side of the main building, there is a large mural of the Modmin Guard astride their gargantuan eagle mounts, vigilantly guarding over the city. It's pretty cool.

You see Pinary on his way out of the main building, obviously on some important town business. You decide to pester him.

“Hey, Pinary! Have you seen any sort of cardboard box automatons around?”

He turns his movie-theater head towards you. The tiny audience turns around in their seats for a second before turning back to the movie. “Can’t say that I have.” Pinary’s voice emanates from the theater’s speaker system. "Sorry."

You shrug and wave goodbye. Well, maybe Boxborg skipped town? If it really wanted to avoid you, you guess that would be the thing to do. Oh well. So, what now, brave adventurer?

Stats:
SpoilerShow
Inventory:
SpoilerShow
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Re: GreyGabe's WebQuest [Textual Healing] - by GreyGabe - 10-25-2011, 01:35 AM