GreyGabe' WebQue t [Texting, Texting, 123]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GreyGabe' WebQue t [Texting, Texting, 123]
Re: GreyGabe's WebQuest [Textalicious]
Pinary Wrote:> Select another user's house at random, enter it without warning, and begin breaking any ceramic jars they may have.
You unceremoniously barge into a random house, a tastefully decorated affair with elegant furniture and an overall airy feel. The warm colors and soft tones really bring the place… um. I mean. Grr. Manly. Monster trucks machine guns sports grr.

*cough*

Anyway, you don’t see any ceramic jars, per se, but there are some Pretty Nice Vases arranged neatly on a low table. You pick them up and smash ‘em good... Darn. No Rupees. Or Internets or Cookies for that matter. A voice from a back room startles you.

“What the hell was that?”
You beat feet for the exit.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:>Head over to General Square and get yourself a General.
You decide you should probably not stick around, so you head for Eagle Town: General Square. You peer around. The General Store stands in the center of the square. Various cafes and hangouts line the streets. Music drifts from the open door of one of them, and from another the sound of tables being flipped over and over again interrupts the flow of things every once in a while. You see quite a few forumites flitting between the various buildings, conversing and nodding appreciatively at the music. You look around for any Generals that you might be able to press into service, but the closest facsimiles you can think of are Pinary and Schazer of the Modmin Guard, and you don’t think they’d appreciate being picked up and stuffed into your Gallifreyan Satchel. And you wouldn’t appreciate being hit by one of their Modmin’s Hammers of Banishment. Not fun.

Schazer Wrote:Your shopping cart could use fixing.

Go find Fogel.

Prepare to raise your shopping cart as a defensive barrier, then call Fogel "Dragon".

Use force of impact to transfer batter from Increasingly Battered Shopping Cart to fish.

Acquire 1x Battered Fish, and ride away in style in your Increasingly Shopping Cart.
This sounds marginally less likely to result in serious injury. Very marginally.

Aha! You spot your quarry. He’s hard to miss, being bright yellow and all. Not to mention the cowl.

“Hey, Dragon!” You yell, smoothly placing your Increasingly Battered Shopping Cart between yourself and Dragon Fogel.

“Uh… hey, Gabe.” Dragon Fogel clears his throat pointedly. You ignore this, equally pointedly.

“So, how are you doing today… Dragon?”

Dragon Fogel’s eye gains a slight twitch. “Well, I was doing just fine.” You seem to have his full attention.

“That’s cool, that’s cool…”

“…”

“So Dragon, whatcha up to--”

“DON’T. CALL. ME. DRAGOOOOOOOOOON!”

You duck behind your Increasingly Battered Shopping Cart as you are buffeted by a wave of pure vitriol.
Thinking quickly, you produce a Plain Catfish Filet that you have been saving for just such an occasion(?).
The energy of the blast transfers an adjective from one object to another. You now have a Battered Catfish Filet and an Increasingly Shopping Cart.

This makes little to no sense, but you’re currently more focused on escaping Dragon Fogel’s wrath. You hop in your Increasingly Shopping Cart and ride away, cackling like a madman. You carefully deposit your Battered Catfish Filet back into its plastic baggy, to keep its coating from getting all over your other stuff. All that’s left to do is to pop that bad boy in a fryer and you’ve got yourself a good old-fashioned Southern tradition, I reckon.

You can feel your Increasingly Shopping Cart becoming more substantial, even as you coast along. You are now back at Eagle Town: User Street. Someone is standing in front of their house, looking around suspiciously.

It’s Mr. Guy! It looks like he’s flagging you down. You let your ride coast to a stop.

“Uh, hey. What’s up?”

Mr. Guy holds up a Handful of Broken Vase Shards.
“Somebody broke into my house and busted up my vases!” He exclaims. Uh-oh. “Who would do something like that?”

“I have no idea. None whatsoever.” It takes every ounce of your will to look him in his wildly spinning eye when you say that.

“…Uh huh. Well. If you hear anything, let me know, would you?”

“Will do!” Oh gog oh gog oh gog oh gog he knows.

You wheel along towards Cool Shit Alley, Mr. Guy’s suspicious gaze boring into the back of your skull. You know. When his eyes are pointing in your direction.

You gain a Charm point for your "smooth" lying, though!

AgentBlue Wrote:>Visit Cool Shit Alley and see if you can salvage anything discarded from the adventure theaters/game houses. No sense in spending unnecessary internets if you can find something free and serviceable...ish!
MrGuy Wrote:Jump into Cool Shit Alley instead of walking, because it's more fun. Trip over something.
You hop out of your Increasingly Shopping Cart and jump over the threshold into Cool Shit Alley.

You immediately trip over something. Face, meet pavement. Pavement, face. Picking yourself up, you examine the object that got underfoot. It’s a… box? On the front it says, “Don’t Open. No Seriously, Don’t. This Means You.” How odd.

You put the Odd Box into your Gallifreyan Satchel for now, and go back to looking around Eagle Town: Cool Shit Alley.

Various Adventure Theaters and Game Rooms line the street, flooding the morning with talking, laughter… explosions… Farther down, it looks like there are some abandoned adventures and games, left to gather dust. Seeing them languishing like that always makes you a little sad.

You’re not sure how much you’ll be able to salvage from these adventures or games… it would have to be something that was pretty much irrevocably lost within the framework of the game/narrative to become available to you. And even then you’d pretty much have to know what you were looking for in the first place.
Ahead of you, Cool Shit Alley stretches on for quite a while, the Game Houses and Adventure Theaters looming on either side. Behind you lies User Street. You are hemmed in on your left and right by various adventures and games.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Re: GreyGabe's WebQuest [Textalicious] - by GreyGabe - 10-15-2011, 04:33 AM