DUNGEONQUEST: THE D20 GAME FOR EVERYONE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DUNGEONQUEST: THE D20 GAME FOR EVERYONE
RE: DUNGEONQUEST: THE D20 GAME FOR EVERYONE
  • Entilliumn: boy, this ain't your father's standard D&D
    Pliksain Ct'pter is accepted. The following changes have been implemented:
    -Class: Sage: a magic wielder trained in both the arts of harming and healing.
    -Elderly Knowledge: your Intelligence and Knowledge (or you can call it Wisdom w/e) are increased by 2 during relevant checks.
    -Special: Magic Missile +: Target an enemie(s) in the room up to 4 times for low damage. Attacks always hit. 5 turn cooldown.
  • Ent misunderstands something and I guess I should clarify this so nobody else does: This ain't D&D, folks. I'm not following any standard rulebooks. The spells, class skills, enemies, pretty much everything may or may not be made up. I do believe I said "Similar" to D&D but I didn't say it was. for reference, some definitive differences:

>There will only ever be one die type. D 20. no D4 no D6 no D8 no NADA. "How will you determine damage for spells that are weaker or stronger then?", you ask? Fixed modifiers. :> "Too OP!", ye say?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAH
    AHahaha ha ha oh man you're funny
    ...you can be scared now

>CHARACTER DEATHS ARE FAR LESS PERMANENT. "why?"
    a.) because I have a stat entirely devoted to affecting how likely you are to have extremely helpful or utterly horrible events occur to you
    b.) this game is full of deathtraps. lots of deathtraps. so many.
    c.) because you can be That Guy who kills your teammates if you want, the only punishment for it is the likelihood of the others to fuck you up in return
    d.) because if people had to make a new character or wait to be revived every time they died this thread would either be more app than game or boring as hell, respectively

>Skill, Spell and monster compendiums don't follow D&D standards and never probably will. They might have a few classics thrown in here and there but mostly no.

>I don't actually have access to any kind of D&D DM manual so while I've played D&D enough times to understand how it works most of the time, I neither have all the rules memorized nor have the desire to make this game which is basically a gigantic clusterfuck I'm doing for fun into something that tedious

anyways,
  • calibornio: Nobody's done this yet because this isn't MSPA...
    Tablestick Ball (Pool) is "accepted" with the following warning:
    Sepulchritude is not a stat in this game!
    In addition, the following changes have been implemented:
    -Lucky Charms: Pool requires 2 less points to succeed in Speech Checks against "MALE" characters, and 2 more to succeed in Speech Checks against "FEMALE" characters.
    -Past Tracer: Pool can see where enemies have been in the past two turns, but only in his current room. This ability is ineffective on enemies with a higher Luck stat than Pool, and does not reveal what kind of enemy he is tracking.
    -Special: Speedster: Pool may perform a second attack this turn. 4 turn cooldown.
  • Mordegai: Bernard is not accepted due to being not only incomprehensible but literally having a special whose effect could be distilled to "Hold up the game for a turn". Funny, but it doesn't work. Sorry.
  • Schaz: Tau is accepted. The following changes have been implemented:
    -Thousand Tongued: Tau gains a modifier to Speech checks equal to half the difference of the Target's intelligence stat and Tau's Intelligence stat. The smarter the target, the more likely they are to be convinced and vice-versa.
    -Treasuremonger: Tau can evaluate a general sale price of any item he examines (this is automatic for items in his inventory). In addition, he can compare two similar items and obtain a general idea of which is more more "Valuable".
    -Magical Beast: Tau is immune to most spells, and takes half magic damage.

-Special: Riddlespinner: a target that answers incorrectly is STUNNED for 3 turns. If the Riddle is answered correctly, Tau becomes unable to agress that target in any form for 6 turns. Cooldown of ONCE PER ENEMY ENCOUNTER due to unique nature.

• BTM: Sir Jairus von Shlickensberg IV is not accepted for the following reasons:

>I need a height and weight in the given measurements! No Cop-outs!

Messages In This Thread
RE: DUNGEONQUEST: THE D20 GAME FOR EVERYONE - by Romythered - 04-12-2013, 12:05 AM