DUNGEONQUEST: THE D20 GAME FOR EVERYONE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: "WHAT? FOR EVERYONE? AS IN ALL APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED?"

A: yes, as in "everyone on the forum can join at once"

Q: "SURELY THIS MUST BE A ROLL TO DIE!"

A: HAHAHAHA I WISH no this is something more insane. It's basically a miniature, extremely simplified D&D campaign with an unlimited number of players. All of whom are stuck in a horrifying dungeon. And you all have one true goal, and one only: getting out.

Q: "ARE YOU JOKING?"

A: Sadly (for my sanity), no. I was already planning to do this on MSPA before the games forum got shut down...

Q: HOW DO I SIGN UP?

A: look down, doofus

Applications

the following is a guideline for requirements for character apps:

Name: Self-Explanatory
Race: See Above. No limit on race if you can explain what the race is.
Background/bio/motive/etc: no need for word walls if you don't feel like it, but could I get at least four complete sentences pls k thanks
personality: again, word walls are unnecessary, but for this you can just say something like "essentially chaotic good" and that's enough. try to play to your character's personality or I'll slap you
nothing else I'll just bitchslap you and move on (i'm referring to things like a character that is supposedly completely, utterly, remorselessly, irredeemably evil being super nice more than once for little to no evil reason, etc)
height: No need for exact measurements just Short, Very Short, DWARF, Average, Tall, Very Tall or GIANT(you can throw numbers in too if you desire)
Weight: again no measurements required, choose from Large, Very Large, FATSO, Average, Thin, Very Thin, or TWIG
SpoilerShow

Stats: You have 60 points to put into stats. All stats must have at least one point in them, but you may not put more than 20 points in one stat.

Vitality: Affects your Hit Points and general physical wellbeing.
Endurance: Affects your physical strength, stamina and similar things
Dexterity: affects your deftness, speed, and similar things.
Intelligence: Affects your uh... well, intelligence, perception, and similar things
Knowledge: Affects your MP, magical prowess, and similar things
Speech: Affects how others see you and how easy it is to win a speech check, etc
Luck: Affects your luck, which has various effects.

Class: If you can explain what it is and subsequently justify its existence, it's fine

Traits: traits are essentially unique character abilities. Try to make them go with your character's theme! you can make up to three to start, tho you might get more later. if you don't die horribly. Examples:
SpoilerShow

Special: You get to make one special cooldown skill. These generally fall into four categories: mid level cooldown strong skills, short cooldown effect, healing or buff type skills, long cooldown finisher skills, and extremely long cooldown tactical nukes. Examples:

SpoilerShow

Q: "WILL YOU REGRET THIS?"

A: Probably, but who cares? lets do this

E: Q: "IS THIS THE SAME AS D&D?"
A: HAHAHAHA no

Q: "WILL YOU REGRET NOT USING SMALLER DICE?"
A: would it matter? nahhhh fuck that we're doin' this my way.

Q: "YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT STATUS EFFECTS, IS THERE A LIST?
A: Sure, I'll make one for all the effects I've mentioned so far as well as a few I haven't!

Status Effects
SpoilerShow

CURRENT PLAYERS/CHARACTERS
CURRENTLY INCOMPLETE WORKING ON UPDATE DON'T COMPLAIN

ICan't: Kracky, HP 650/650, 20 MP
SpoilerShow

yd12k: Wegwijspiet, HP 550/550, 40 MP
SpoilerShow

Masterblade: Miss Sinclaire, HP 350/350, MP 60
SpoilerShow

Pala: Simon Adale, HP 250/250, MP 200
SpoilerShow