The Grand Revival: Round 3 - St. Masimodo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Grand Revival: Round 3 - St. Masimodo
Re: the grand failer ii
", I take it?"

watched as the voice he heard got accompanied by a mouth that spoke it, one that bared its fangs at . Her dark gown clothed her shape in a way that would've soothed if it hadn't been for the tension between the two. The woman hadn't spoken but a few words, but already knew her intentions. There was no new round, there was no next round, and she had come to settle that score. had frozen the battle in place, and stepped out of it on his own will, leaving it to rot like a ruined shell, and he knew what was going to happen next. It would ressurect like a phoenix from its ashes, but what plans she had or who to house it with didn't know.

"I'm sure you don't recognise me now, , but we were in a Grand Battle together once. Do you remember that? You found a way to break out! Congratulations. I can't say I wasn't entirely unoffended when you left without warning, but what good could I do as a statue to anger myself? Those days are long gone though, , and what remains now is but a distant memory of those days."

A shimmering light broke through the two of them. The woman grabbed her arm, wincing if only to refrain from shrieking aloud. stared at her arm, and saw a gem, infected with bile and pus, rapidly flickering in color, stabbed straight through her right hand. Trails and spikes of the same material wound up along her arm, sowing seeds of chaos and pain in its wake. now knew who he was facing. Like thorns, this malign force bended the air around her into an aura of intimidation. Like a shy flower, her luscious hair that flowed like the ocean could tense up in bolts of lightning unwarned. The Rose bended back, straightening her pose.

"Now, I don't know if this little..." she waved her infected hand, "...trinket is familiar to you, but if you recall this gem has an immense power stored within. A power that could bring life to, say, a dead universe."

was scared.

"When we recommence, I'm sure you'll find yourself in a bit of a predicament. Or, if you like to look at the bright side, in a wonderful afterlife. And trust me, things will be a whole lot more serious this time around.

"Well well well, all of you, long time no see. Do you remember me? I'm sure you don't, I've grown quite a lot since last time, haven't I. I never really imagined being in this position again, but here we are! All together! I'm sure you don't need any introductions, and the time you've had to think for the last eternity should've been long enough for all of you to have gotten a little more introspective, say.

Let's not dawdle any longer. Your next setting shall be St. Misimodo. This peculiar city I found somehwere in an alternatre reality, and you would probably believe me if I said the city was a psychological experiment to generate the biggest gap between the rich and the poor as you could imagine. Sadly for the poor, it grew that way naturally, ever since the town's decision to implement an own monetary system to gain benefit from the exchange rate, there has been incredible inflation, which left the jobless even less chance every day to get integrated into society. In this setting you shall all be dropped as-is into the slums of Misimodo. Yes, you'll all start out as the poor. You don't get something for nothing after all!"

...You do get a lot of things for nothing. Mostly bad things.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.

Messages In This Thread
Re: the grand failer ii - by Robust Laser - 09-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by AgentBlue - 09-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Solaris - 09-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Pharmacy - 09-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Elpie - 09-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Elpie - 09-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 09-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Ixcaliber - 09-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Mirdini - 09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Ixcaliber - 09-23-2011, 04:21 AM
Re: the grand failer ii - by Solaris - 09-23-2011, 05:49 AM