CYOGTCG 2. In the process of re-implementing the points system.

Poll: Should we use the old point system instead of the presence system?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
7 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CYOGTCG 2. In the process of re-implementing the points system.
RE: CYOGTCG 2. Number of submitted cards: 8
I think the presence system is too complicated. Other games regulate the cards you can play through replenishing energy (Magic: the Gathering), sacrifices above power limits (Yu!Gi!Oh!), expendable energy (Pokémon), one card per turn (Too many games to list), etc.

The point system needs a little work, perhaps with point costs for most cards, and point gain per turn. Something like 100 (or 10 or 1, whatever the scale may be), which can be expended at any time, and then of course there are instant "gain points" cards, or maybe even cards which increase your points per turn (Hypothetical: Coinage; Cost 200, Gain 50 extra points per turn).

Simply put, the presence rule makes the game a bit of a headache, especially making cards. The point of the game is to have fun, and most people will make silly cards, which add to the enjoyment for some (including me), and can be safely ignored for others. I trust other players not to make instant win cards/other overpowered stuff, but even if they do, your role as the mediator is to reject such cards. Honestly, putting "presence" in sucks out the fun, and I would not play again if the game remains in its current state.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CYOGTCG 2. Number of submitted cards: 8 - by Vancho1 - 04-04-2013, 01:55 AM