CYOGTCG 2. In the process of re-implementing the points system.

Poll: Should we use the old point system instead of the presence system?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
7 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CYOGTCG 2. In the process of re-implementing the points system.
RE: CYOGTCG 2. Number of submitted cards: 8
Hai. Just posting here to address some questions and comments.

Supernerd Wrote:Number of submitted cards: 8

Supernerd Wrote:I wonder why nobody wanted to play

Want to know why noone is submitting cards or general interest? Especially veterans like myself that have been on this game since it started?

Presence. Its the presence rules. You are literally taking the entire pre-existing system and tossing it away in favor of one that makes it hard to produce cards, and even more difficult to play them. What you have now compared to the previous point system is...

-Double effort needed in creating cards in order to balance presence factors
-Confusing presence gain rules that make it even more difficult to play cards
-A cap on being able to immediately play the zany things that pop into one's hand
-An inability to make these zany things because of an over-reaching balancing system
-An over-reaching scale for presence-to-power, making the entire system hard to use
-No significant allowance for quick-action spell/trap cards

Supernerd. I know you want to fix the insane lack of balancing from the previous incarnations. Presence is not the right way to do that. I would suggest you roll back to the old point system, flawed as it was, because unlike this one it actually worked. I know thats personally what turned me away, and its likely killing any hopes of this sequel generating the interest of its previous incarnation.

And on another note:
-The 1 heart damage to players is good. Keep that. Bit seriously, ditch the presence system. Arglebargle. Have a nice day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CYOGTCG 2. Number of submitted cards: 8 - by MasterBlade - 04-03-2013, 10:02 PM