Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game

Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game
RE: Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game
What kind of documentary do we have in mind? Like a peaceful, Attenborough-style appreciation of nature? Or one where the narrator is more a character in the show itself, kind of competing with nature for the audience's attention?

The cooperative, wonder of nature style is probably more in line with the mode we've structured here, although I do enjoy the idea of a narrator who is a little too full of themselves, getting comically wrecked by these predators.

I'm wondering if the play-by-post format supports the kind of collaboration-in-miniature that is suggested by the original game, which I think is designed in part to be played around a table for half an hour or so. I worry about it slowing things down (although nothing wrong with taking our time)

Maybe it would be better if each of us took turns taking on all three roles? Either taking turns writing out a script and then passing it on to the next person, grand battle style. Or we could each write a script (three different shows), or designate one person to write the script for each creature we produce.

I'm happy with any option. I do really like Schaz's script template, so I'll defer to you two.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game - by btp - 04-21-2024, 12:59 AM