Sixth Sense Revival

Sixth Sense Revival
RE: Sixth Sense Revival
>Figure out what the marble does

[Image: qnVj9d3.png]
I pick up the marble and examine it closely and think long and hard. It’s green with light streaks. The dominant 
color rules out the schools of Manifestation (illusion, invisibility, and shapeshifting), Divination (clairvoyance, 
remote viewing, precognition, psychometry, omniscience, and detection), and Flight (levitation, astral projection, 
and teleportation), leaving Manipulation. So it’s either psychokinesis, electrokinesis, mind manipulation, pyrokinesis, 
or dispel magic, at least as far as I know.

I flip through my notebook to help me think. I know that psychokinesis has purple streaks, electrokinesis has blue 
streaks, and pyrokinesis has red streaks. That leaves mind manipulation and dispel magic.
[Image: fFEdqk2.png]
[Image: Sss2mXR.png]
I’ve done all that I can to narrow it down, so there’s no use thinking much more about it now.

>Take the marble

I hate to take it as it would mean I’m essentially agreeing to what Cornelius had said, but I decide to do it. I don’t 
know what it does exactly or what I would do with it, but it may have its uses.
[Image: rKTHw53.png]
I think back to what Cornelius had said and decide to use it only when I’m in dire straits. As destroying it is the only 
way to activate the power stored within, this marble is naturally a single use item.

I store the marble in one of my pockets where it is easy to produce. Additionally, I add my journal to my pack 
and take the time to ascertain the items I had stored in the pack one last time.

Let’s see, there’s my knife, some rations, grooming utensils, a necklace with a light emitting crystal attached, a 
bedroll, a waterskin, and a handkerchief.
After I take the knife and strap it to my leg, my preparations are complete. I dim the lights in my room and take
one look back before I leave for good.

[Image: EISxm4h.png]
[Image: 3yLbYRs.png]
Once I leave my room, the cool air of the Underworld, dimly lit by the overhanging crystals, greets me.

I walk to the meeting place at a brisk pace, my shortcomings and the challenges to come on my mind.
[Image: xSDQ2k4.png]
[Image: sxdSqXl.png]
The silver lining behind all this is that mind manipulation is half talent, half theory. So long as I play my cards right, 
I should be able to succeed.

As a change of pace, I think more cheerful thoughts, like how I’ll be living large once I climb the social ladder. 
More freedom. Better food. Better lodging. Sounds good…

Time passes…

[Image: NIPn0ZD.png]
I eventually make it to the meeting spot. My instructor is standing near the mouth of a cavernous passageway.
[Image: hvL1Yht.png]
[Image: VPeEQcf.png]
[Image: 8NVNKmu.png]
[Image: xoIQlKR.png]
[Image: stzJ1dq.png]
[Image: I3rmpvU.png]
[Image: HqtmxzW.png]
[Image: OIUStqb.png]
[Image: gm9lHCM.png]
[Image: gG4d0BJ.png]
[Image: uZtNu3x.png]
[Image: Pv5r3pl.png]
[Image: 81nF4LG.png]
[Image: pW3gFOG.png]
The instructor produces a divination rod and closes the distance between us.
[Image: 1blNPFV.png]
[Image: 7thi7Fq.png]
He begins to wave the rod around me with vertical motions.
[Image: anaTwhN.png]
[Image: Tm9zEXi.png]
[Image: AKS38Dq.png]
[Image: 9UjLVwT.png]
Words cannot describe how relieved I am.

The instructor stands back and begins speaking.
[Image: hBP6PsP.png]
[Image: Kxz9AEj.png]
[Image: JsECZu8.png]
[Image: QN53Q65.png]
[Image: I2e6rUD.png]
[Image: hTG6K1I.png]
[Image: 57QkD1I.png]
He trails off and procures an orange orb from his pocket, tossing it in his hand a few times. He swings 
his arm once and swings it another, tossing the orb to my direction.

I catch the orb in my hands and examine it.
[Image: 4botBlw.png]
I do as he says.
[Image: anaTwhN.png]
[Image: Q41To3W.png]
[Image: sx9uuQQ.png]
[Image: aH1aitf.png]
[Image: 37cQKVy.png]
I take the sack, slinging it over my shoulder.
[Image: kBmM4qF.png]
With a map in hand, I step forward and make my way to the passageway. My long-awaited journey 
has finally begun.

Time passes…

As I pass through the caverns, I think about the divination rod failing to detect the marble Cornelius 
had given me. How could it possibly have failed? Was it a malfunction? Or is the marble a dud? It’s 
a perplexing situation. For my sake, I hope that the rod had simply malfunctioned.

I put my thoughts aside.

After trekking for what felt like hours, I finally see the natural light. I up my pace, feeling my heart 
pounding in excitement.

Once I leave the caves, I am met with the sight of the dreary Primordial Forest. I continue to the 
edge of the forest and emerge into a clearing.
[Image: gRvabip.png]
I am painfully blinded by the sun’s rays. It’s much brighter than what I was led to believe through my readings.

[Image: sQU8wtX.png]

It takes a while for my eyes to finally adjust, but once they do, I’m met with breathtaking scenery. I take one look 
behind me and see the cave I emerged from hidden by the sickly trees.

I look back at the field before me, and the contrast is immense.

I can’t help but amble about in wonder.

What I understand to be trees tower over the grassland with branches, adorned with emerald leaves, expanding 
from the twigs that expand from the trunks. Colorful flower bushes dot the landscape, and I crouch up to one 
such bush. I slide one petal between my forefinger and thumb to feel the smooth texture.

I finally approach a particularly large tree, and run my palm against the rough bark and the moss growing on the 
trunk in tactile wonder.
[Image: H84pDWl.png]
I hear a sudden voice from behind.

BONUS:
[Image: vO8dcYs.png]
[Image: kCfbmvt.png] [Image: Ab4TOmH.png]

Messages In This Thread
Sixth Sense Revival - by Kiraririn - 01-20-2021, 07:40 AM
RE: Sixth Sense Revival - by Kiraririn - 01-20-2021, 07:41 AM
RE: Sixth Sense Revival - by Kiraririn - 01-20-2021, 08:26 AM
RE: Sixth Sense Revival - by smuchmuch - 01-21-2021, 01:01 AM
RE: Sixth Sense Revival - by Kiraririn - 01-21-2021, 06:16 PM