Breaking the world

Breaking the world
RE: Breaking the world
Enitan lay still in the forest as he watched the scene through lidded eyes. He noticed that he no longer felt the pain of his combat scapes, and that there seemed to be no other living creatures here, not even insects. He shifted experimentally and decided that he was probably dreaming. Still, it did not hurt to be vigilant. And there was that presence, still felt, still somewhere out there. Enitan did not like that feeling. He made sure he wasn't being watched and got up, looking for a place to hide. As he turned his head, he saw it -

Far off in the distance, a silvery elk. And on it a rider with firey hair. And beside her, a tall and dark-haired warrior with golden eyes. But hadn't they died? And there was someone else with them, someone Enitan had not seen in a long time, since his first disastrous raid right before the Treaty was signed. A lean and sharp-toothed swimmer, smooth of skin and terrible to behold. The three generals, together here. Something was amiss; the Sea People's army did not arrive in time, having been delayed by a storm. Why were they together here, in this forest? Enitan saw Jalani's head turn towards him, and for a moment, he thought that the other southerner had spotted him. Then, he turned away, and the three moved farther into the forest. Enitan breathed a sigh of relief.

A hand on his shoulder startled him. As he turned, he saw a pale woman, clothed in vines and flowers, with hair the color of midnight and sharp facial features. She put her hands up and said,

"Be at peace, I mean no harm. I am concealing you from the gaze of those three, for you are someone special."

She smiled and looked up at him.

"For you saved my child, and for that I am eternally grateful. Ask anything you desire of me."
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow

Messages In This Thread
Breaking the world - by Vancho1 - 12-17-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: Breaking the world - by fourwalls - 12-17-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: Breaking the world - by Vancho1 - 12-28-2019, 04:43 AM
RE: Breaking the world - by Anomaly - 12-31-2019, 10:23 AM
RE: Breaking the world - by Vancho1 - 01-05-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: Breaking the world - by Vancho1 - 01-09-2020, 07:28 PM
RE: Breaking the world - by Pharmacy - 01-17-2020, 01:27 AM
RE: Breaking the world - by MQuinny1234 - 01-17-2020, 01:21 PM
RE: Breaking the world - by Vancho1 - 01-21-2020, 02:31 AM
RE: Breaking the world - by Pharmacy - 01-25-2020, 04:51 AM