[OOC] Swords Beneath the Starlight

[Image: wyFHRNx.png]
In a land long shattered,
a realm forgotten by the gods,
will the light of hope be rekindled?
Or will the flames fall to ash?

Welcome to Swords Beneath the Starlight! This is a play-by-post forum game based on the Fire Emblem franchise and using the bay12 Fire Emblem forum game ruleset as a source of inspiration (though I plan on deviating in certain areas, especially the class system). In this game, you will be playing as one of a band of refugees brought together by circumstance, a band of nobodies thrust onto center stage by the machinations of fate. Will you bring hope back to your despairing homeland? Or will you watch as the last light is consumed by the dark?

For those unfamiliar, Fire Emblem is a series of turn-based tactical role playing games centered on unique units with unique strengths and weaknesses and a permadeath system. In this system, each player will control their own individual unit rather than having one person run the whole show. There will be battles, and between the battles there will be an opportunity for the story to advance, along with your characters. Unlike in the Fire Emblem series, there will be no singular main character around whom the whole world turns. Your characters and their collective choices will determine the fate of the realm, for better or for worse.

This will be my first time running this sort of thing, so I'll be looking for active feedback in order to make adjustments as we go along. I thank you in advance for being understanding!

If you're still here, I imagine you're interested in how character creation works! Below I will list the classes available to your character, along with an application guideline in order to get started. Let's begin!

Trainee ClassesShow

Base ClassesShow

Advanced Classes: Coming soon!

Laguz Classes!Show

BASIC LORE NOTES

A series of magical and technological breakthroughs within the Revotrian Republic have created a new god: Progress. His worshipers have embraced the idea that his mighty word must be spread to all corners of the world, that all lands will be beautified by his gentle touch. The Republic is a coastal nation, neighbored by the fractured polities of the Ilyun League - a cluster of agrarian fiefdoms, peasant-republics and city-states incapable of getting along for any goal but to hold off foreign incursion. The Revotrians have looked their way before and always failed. This time, though, they have Progress on their side.

The word of the Revotrian governorship is clear: These lands must be liberated from the backwards traditionalists who would shackle themselves to the past, and beyond that, from the Laguz. "Beastmen," says the Revotrian Consul, "are incapable of moving beyond their ties to the past. It is tragic, but they cannot be trusted to govern themselves." The Laguz make up less than ten percent of the Ilyun population, sticking to the dwindling forests and mountains, and to the Wilds beyond, but they dominate the headlines of the Revotran press. And so they march.

The Ilyun Federation has collapsed. The center of the federation command, Achaim, has been claimed. All is lost.

You are a refugee. Be you an Ilyun running from conquest, a Laguz who flees enslavement, or a Revotrian who understands the monsetrousness of their nations acts, you flee the advancing wall of steel.

All you can do is flee - flee, and hope that something better, someplace better, waits beyond the horizon.

CHARACTER APPLICATION

AppShow

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] Swords Beneath the Starlight - by Protoman - 02-13-2020, 05:34 AM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by SupahKiven - 02-13-2020, 08:49 AM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by MQuinny1234 - 02-13-2020, 07:39 PM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by Pharmacy - 02-14-2020, 05:59 AM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by Bigshot - 02-16-2020, 01:27 AM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by Palamedes - 02-18-2020, 01:06 AM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by Vancho1 - 02-18-2020, 10:12 PM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by pail - 02-19-2020, 03:49 AM
RE: Swords Beneath the Starlight - by Protoman - 02-28-2020, 12:53 AM