Another Me - Your number has been called!

Another Me - Your number has been called!
RE: Another Me - Your number has been called!
> That is very suspicious, and I would like to know more. Magical girl cartoons are dirty pleasures even for grizzled audiences.

[Image: 20NSSEw.png]

CLOVER: Holy shit, dude, just... stop talkin’ while you can. I do NOT wanna hear ya try to explain why you’re out there spendin’ money on merchandise for a kid’s cartoon.
KAPHLAR: B--
EFFY: BUT!!

[Image: EpV5YwI.png]

EFFY: H-He’s not wrong, you know! The new season of Doki-chan and the new spin-off manga are targeted towards older audiences! There are mature themes!
KAPHLAR: ... Yeah.
EFFY: Because! Doki-chan has grown, and her audience has grown with her!
EFFY: Um, h-her old audience, I mean, because there are still younger fans getting into the series now, like me, who...
EFFY: Oh! But I’m pretty mature for my age, too! I-I just don’t like the twists in the new season because Doki-chan is supposed to fight for love and justice!
KAPHLAR: That’s cute.
EFFY: ... A-Are you making fun of me?
KAPHLAR: What? Nooo. I don’t like making kids cry in my own PRIVATE QUARTERS, by the way, which is where you all still are-
CLOVER: This is the fuckin’ worst.
KAPHLAR: And like I said, I don’t make a habit of keeping kids around, otherwise, heh, a “mature” teen deserves to check out franchises with more nuance and complexity than good old Doki-chan, right? For example, the 1993 OVA--

> Selena: Do not let your brother corrupt the youth!

[Image: UpxRRJr.png]

SELENA: Wow, you’re gonna show her Cutie Honey? That’s pretty low, even for you~
KAPHLAR: No! Besides, that was 1994!!!!!!!!!

> SELENA: Interrupt his nerd talk and start asking questions. Has he been getting into trouble again?

[Image: wEIexOc.png]

SELENA: Anyway, I’m glad we’re all having fun...
CLOVER: No we’re not.
SELENA: ... But what were you up to before we arrived? Were you out doing buuusiiinesss again? So shady!
AUBIN: Indeed. Your sister has told me a few things about your... occupation already.
AUBIN: You’re clearly doing well for yourself. If you don’t mind me asking--
CLOVER: I fuckin’ mind!!

[Image: IfymXMJ.png]

CLOVER: What the hell are we doin’ here? The hell is ANY of this about?!
EFFY: W-Well, we’re... Um, we came here to meet...
CLOVER: Why?!
AUBIN: ...
AUBIN: Perhaps I should apologise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - by Naem - 11-23-2019, 11:44 PM