Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 2 END

Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 2 END
RE: Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 1
[X] Relax

[Image: WZhRFIN.png] I think I need... some time to rest.

UNDERSTOOD. I SHALL STAY HERE. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: NMeUOG5.png] Yeah...

[Image: M86GggV.png] ...

I wait for a moment, still curled down upon the not-ground, lips cold. I take a breath. I take another. I take the rod from the ground and appear in the Storefront again, where a lone chair waits for me among an empty expanse of lilac.

Lavender was my favorite color when I was alive, I remember. Still is. Though, if I'll have to look at it for any longer that'll start to change. So I take a numb stride to the chair, spin around and sit in it, placing the rod in my lap. I close my eyes, gently brushing my fingers over my knees.

A month. A month, a month. The thought keeps repeating in my head - that four weeks have passed by in what feels like mere hours. I don't... I don't want that. I grip this black robe I'm wearing tightly, pulling it taut with a sudden, harsh motion. I don't want this, I don't want it!

I let the robe fall, moving my arms to hug my stomach. A month. A month.

A month.

I let that thought keep repeating itself, never really sinking into comprehension. Before I know it, I'm lulled into a dream.

Darkness. Shadows surrounding me, before a blinding beam of light flares into my vision. Slowly, like a babe, my eyes flutter, then creak, then snap open.

I get up. Much must be done.

[Image: dgYpgX5.png]

My name is Colin Wardenclyffe Cowden. I want to become a merchant, am 13 years old, and have just woken up. A gruelling task to be done in such a short amount of time, but I am nothing if not efficient!

[Image: P26gwXD.png]

I'm currently standing in my bedroom, and sunlight is pouring in through the window. I can hear the whistling of the wind and the songbird's song, as Meyna's light creeps up from across the horizon. I yawn. I didn't always appreciate the sunrise like this, but I read enough books that I'm super observant now.

My room is also really really messy. I go ahead and get myself dressed without much issue (into the same kind of clothes I was already wearing), but I suppose a bit of cleaning up couldn't hurt either. When I become a merchant, I'll have to keep everything neat and organized! I think.

[Image: GKfdXj3.png]

My tummy grumbles. Right, it's breakfast time. Maybe I should go do that instead. Or clean my room! Or just keep standing around looking at things! I'm the master of my sail, aren't I?

What shall I do?
carrot cake

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 1 - by mintyfreshdepression - 09-29-2019, 05:32 AM