Discussion Dimension

Discussion Dimension
RE: Discussion Dimension
I've really been enjoying watching characters emerge in y'all's suggestions for Firmament. It's also fun to think about how to use the tidbits you're establishing about the setting with that, too.

One of the tropes in how I run adventures is to let suggestions, tone, and all that jazz quietly establish hooks and facts about the setting. Even comments or suggestions that don't immediately pop up in the plot tend to float around in my notes, so I can bring them back if it's appropriate. There's been little details, like how folks mentioned being hungry for panopticakes or forbidden fruit; that's why the Joe d'Esprit Cafe had them on the menu (and is also what indirectly inspired the cafe's name, by establishing that puns were a thing there).

There's also been some bigger things that affected the plot and setting as a whole too. I've known what Eidola were since before Ashwood Cross, but the theory that you proposed to Cerulean is what established that you (as the players) were each quasi-individual identities making up an Eidolon, with all the consequences that proceed to stem from that. I'm constantly taking little notes about the offhand comments y'all make, and seeing if I can fashion the ones I like into a hook for later, plug them into some part of the setting or plot, or see if they can inspire a new aspect of the setting I hadn't filled in the details on yet.

Anyway, it's really neat to see what you guys are doing here! Though I may do this quietly at first, I want to "Yes, And..." everything as much as I can. Unless it hard-contradicts something, the characters you play as facets of Rainboa are as canon to the setting as possible (with some bonus creative license for me, taking advantage of the confusion y'all have established as part of Rainboa). So yeah, just remember that how you portray your piece of Rainboa potentially has as much power as your suggestions themselves. Use 'em responsibly!

Messages In This Thread
Discussion Dimension - by Sunspider - 01-15-2018, 11:36 AM
RE: Firmament: The Discussion Dimension - by a52 - 01-15-2018, 07:27 PM
RE: Discussion Dimension - by gloomyMoron - 12-23-2018, 09:46 AM
RE: Discussion Dimension - by CSJ - 12-26-2018, 11:56 PM
RE: Discussion Dimension - by Arcanuse - 12-27-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: Discussion Dimension - by Sunspider - 12-27-2018, 09:11 AM