Parasol - A platforming adventure!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parasol - A platforming adventure!
RE: Parasol - A platforming adventure!
Oh I worded that badly, I had a previous demo done before this one a week ago, I've had most of the player graphics and tiles done like two weeks ago. But I've been mostly working on the weekends for like the past 3 weeks so... [But the level design and a good chunk of programming was done over the course of this past week/3 days...]

Yeah the hanging seems to be tripping people up! It used to be set to pressing up but people didn't like it much? I need to mess with collisions some more and see if I can make them better!

The C tricks are useless for the most part right now simply because I haven't made anything to really take advantage of them yet! The down+c reflects enemies and up+c keeps you safe from above. When I make the actual stages there'll be secrets and stuff that you'll need to be smart and use these tricks to get to and stuff!

In regards to the animations, I'll see what I can do! It used to not have the smears on the umbrella swing, but putting them in looked better, but it's only 4 frames so I need to touch up on it and stuff, along with adding frames to several of the single-frame sprites.

Last note in regards to difficulty, I made the level for testing everything I had so far basically and to get a feel for level design. It's good to know that it's rather difficult for people! Course I've done it enough times that I can get through it without stopping for the most part :I

Thank you for taking the time to play and comment! I'm going to work more on these things later this week/whenever I can. Working really sucks the energy out of you let me tell you. Wish I could quit it and just work on games solely for rest of my life. :[

Messages In This Thread
Parasol - A platforming adventure! - by Mr. LL - 03-25-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: Parasol - A platforming adventure! - by Mr. LL - 03-25-2013, 07:34 AM