If you could, would you live forever?

Poll: If you could, would you live forever?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
46.67%
14 46.67%
No
53.33%
16 53.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could, would you live forever?
RE: If you could, would you live forever?
I know I certainly wouldn't be happy having to listen to a bunch of 2000 year old jerks sitting around, telling us how great things were back when we could own people, or how about how the internet was invented by Satan to steal children's souls or some shit.

I mean, even if only humanity's best of the best gets selected to have immortality, and even if they're only on board in advisory positions, they're still probably less qualified to make decisions on issues happening 500 years from now than many of the mortals born during that time are.

Best case scenario is that they just end up as permanent, useless fixtures of the new world and somehow don't end up actively fighting against all changes every step of the way. The immortals should just mind their own damn business if you ask me.

(Or an even more horrifying idea: Bands of invincible warlords/serial killers sticking around forever and ever.)

On a personal note, I'd say that getting to live for another few thousand years or so would be pretty cool, but no way in hell would I want to outlive the rest of human civilization by very long. Not even with a bunch of immortal buddies to keep me company. I vote no.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could, would you live forever? - by Coldblooded - 03-25-2013, 06:07 AM