If you could, would you live forever?

Poll: If you could, would you live forever?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
46.67%
14 46.67%
No
53.33%
16 53.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could, would you live forever?
RE: If you could, would you live forever?
I dunno, I mean
there's lots of speculative fiction on what it's like to live forever
you know, you lose all your friends and stuff and it's mad sad
Or you get tragic moral endings like Dorian Gray
But we won't ever really know exactly what it would be like.

I feel like I'd find reasonable purposes in life. If it's an invincibility sorta thing, like you must live forever and ever, I'm pretty sure I'd do at least a few years of crime fighting. Maybe on-and-off. I dunno what my schtick would be. Maybe just, like, one-punch man? Except with tasers. I dunno if I can one-punch everything. I'll let you know when I get invincible.

I think I could do a lot with the knowledge of a lot of lifetimes. I'm assuming immortality isn't a Tithonus deal where I turn into a mega-old cricket. I could probably solve some tough questions in science. Or champion humanitarian causes. Solve societal issues. There's gotta be something an immortal guy can bring to the table. Humans make enough problems that I can always find something productive to do. And cheap entertainment will always be around for those decades when you're really just not feeling it.

Would you really be so lonely being immortal? I'm shit at keeping in touch with my friends. As I've been moving through the education system, I've been leaving behind friends I'm not in regular contact with, but I find new comrades just the same. I think, as I move around, I'll find myself meeting new people and colleagues and friends that things will be okay in that regard.
[Image: xwldX.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could, would you live forever? - by Gnauga - 03-25-2013, 01:21 AM