Letters from a Strange Box

Letters from a Strange Box
RE: Letters from a Strange Box
You ponder your message for a while, before picking out the other scroll within the box, and a pen from your kitchen bench, beginning to scribe your reply.

Dear Runicio,

I am afraid you've reached the wrong person. I am not this Nikalov guy, and I don't know anything about this world that you speak of. You may want to get your delivery device checked out at some point in the near future.

Perhaps you would like to send me a few objects or reference points to help me get an idea of where you are and if I'm mistaken?

Sorry!
Anonymous.

You finish your letter and as soon as you write it onto the scroll, it goes blank and does a similar thing to what Runicio's message did, appearing back to you in real-time, written in ornate cursive.

Dear Runicio,

I am afraid you have reached the wrong person. I am not this Nikalov fellow, and I do not know anything about this strange world you speak of. You may desire for your lavender deliverance box to be observed by a magical professional in such areas, as it seems to be malfunctioning.

If you wish, I would appreciate some artifacts or clues as to where you are so I could potentially get a bearing of where exactly you are located, and if I know where you are.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
~Anonymous

Hm. Strange, it seems to have been edited somewhat. A little more fanciful, but the core of the message is still there. With a resolved sigh, you place the scroll inside the box, and press the rune again to close the hatch. Nothing seems to happen for a moment, but after about 2 minutes of silence, the box grows two small wooden legs, and hops off your table, running out the door. What in the world?

You had commitments today with Sara but she is obviously not in the mood, so you decide to just spend the day playing some video games and working on a couple of side projects you've got going.

A week passes...

It's that time of the week again, the ol' Sunday slumber. You've made a you-shaped crevice in your bedsheets and the cheese dust on your floor is thick.

Somehow you manage to get up after some furious knocking at the door, and after your morning preparations you find the package, on it's two legs, slamming itself into your front entrance. As you look at it it runs up to you, losing it's legs and returning to a normal, box-like state.

Bringing it inside once more you notice the only difference is a light goo that seems to be covering the entire box, and you feel a slimy, cold sensation as you press the rune to open it.

Inside is another familiar sight. Another sealed scroll, and another blank one for your response. Just as you are opening the scroll, the phone starts ringing, again.
i'm a rad teen, confirmed good dog, and i try to do things sometimes.
SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Letters from a Strange Box - by sprïly - 08-31-2018, 08:29 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by Lordlyhour - 08-31-2018, 08:49 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by a52 - 09-01-2018, 05:45 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by tronn - 09-01-2018, 06:28 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by FlanDab - 09-01-2018, 08:53 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by sprïly - 09-02-2018, 07:55 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by Schazer - 09-02-2018, 09:07 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by FlanDab - 09-02-2018, 09:48 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by sprïly - 09-03-2018, 09:29 AM
RE: Letters from a Strange Box - by MarbleMoth - 09-03-2018, 10:36 AM