Verdure

Verdure
RE: Verdure
(08-06-2018, 07:33 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »Well, Shit, A Gang Of Rogues In a Coastal Town have GOT to have some sort of Ship or other such sort of Aquatic Locomotion. And there's a Certain themata of family Stolen that makes you sympathetic to her plight.
See if you can't convince them to let you tag along (also, apologize for getting in her way earlier. You didn't know what was at stake)
(08-07-2018, 10:53 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: »>Steal a fuckton of ol' and good ale as a personal vengeance of the bartender smashing your head.
>Offer your help because seem's like you fucked up, fast and hard. Even more because you can feel actually simpathy over the whole family stolen deal.

You decide to dust yourself off and head in after the pitcher gang. They seem like good folk.

Bursting through the flames encasing the door, you see the Flytrap and her gang of pitchers attempting to heave a blockade off the door leading into the backdoor of the establishment. The bartender is nowhere to be found. The gang sees you and pulls you to help, and you use your strength to aid them in their lifting.

RollShow

You manage to heave the boards blocking the door out of the way, but in the meantime you singe your hands pretty badly.
[+Burn]

One of the pitchers with a floral headdress pats you on the shoulder in thanks, as they all proceed to the back room. You hear the sounds of searching, finding, beating up, and escaping, as you steal most of the ale from the bartender's stocks. You can't take it all, but it's a pretty decent haul.
[+5 Nectar Ale]

You just get out of the bar as it crumbles to a pile of burning wood, and with ragged lungs from the smoke you cough your way towards to the gang.

The Flytrap stands with a large leafy egg-shaped object, and she seems to be smiling. She grins at you, specifically, and it's a little unnerving.

"Thank ya'. Ya' didn' 'ave to do that, but ya' did. I dunno if I'd of been able to get her out without ya'. Whaddya need? Ah'll see what I can do. My name's Diana, by the way."

You explain to her your parental plight, and she consoles you, but motions to one of the pitchers. In what feels like no time at all, you have been given a seafaring vessel. It seems to be modeled after a water strider, with a small spherical cockpit held up by 8 long mechanical legs which have little boats on their feet. The legs fold up so the cockpit can be carried with ease.
[+ Water Strider]

Diana wishes you well but says that she can't afford to feed an extra gang member without some real convincing, if you wanted to join them. The pitchers seem to provide her with enough muscle and skill to get by, so you see them off on their wagon, as they head back into the Scrub-lands.

What nice people.

Well, now you have a quest to get to.

A few days later, you are sliding along the water in the Water Strider, having been searching the coast for the great sea-toad for some time. Your rations are running somewhat low, so you decide to stop at an island rest stop specifically for sailors.

As you dock your large ship, the palm sprout tending the stall waves to you, awkwardly.

"Uh, h-hey! If you're a s-sailor, you've come to the right place! W-we've got anything you could ever need! It's free, if you're a s-sailor! The price varies on h-how sailory your job is, so... c-could I please take a look at your p-profession card?"

Of course he can, because you have one on you as everyone does. The sprout takes the card in his hands looking at... what is he looking at?

CharacterShow
i'm a rad teen, confirmed good dog, and i try to do things sometimes.
SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Verdure - by sprïly - 08-05-2018, 06:06 AM
RE: Verdure - by FlanDab - 08-05-2018, 06:20 AM
RE: Verdure - by Lordlyhour - 08-05-2018, 06:53 AM
RE: Verdure - by sprïly - 08-05-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Verdure - by LammarWesley - 08-05-2018, 10:57 AM
RE: Verdure - by Lordlyhour - 08-05-2018, 12:47 PM
RE: Verdure - by sprïly - 08-05-2018, 10:53 PM
RE: Verdure - by FlanDab - 08-05-2018, 12:57 PM
RE: Verdure - by Lordlyhour - 08-06-2018, 07:33 AM
RE: Verdure - by sprïly - 08-08-2018, 07:09 AM