RPG Forum Game Suggestion / Compilation Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPG Forum Game Suggestion / Compilation Thread
RE: RPG Forum Game Suggestion / Compilation Thread
On Elementals:
Two racial mechanics have so far been discussed with regard to Elementals. Firstly, as beings animated by magic, they have no Health pool; rather, their Mana is both their source of power and their source of life. Secondly, Elementals can absorb external sources of their associated element to gain some statistical benefit. The actual absorption process is as-yet poorly defined to my knowledge, but the stat boosts will help elementals specialize into certain roles. Herein, I will detail my views on what benefits each elemental should receive. These will, at this stage, be based on the way the element acts rather than the role resultant, but it should all work out in the end.

These might not make much sense until more data on the stats comes out, but whatevs.

Fire: Agility and Magic Potential
An unpredictable and powerful fighter. The increased randomness introduced by the bonus Magic Potential is mitigated by the bonus Agility, and the boosted attack rate gives more opportunities to trigger max damage. Very vulnerable, however - Fire elementals tend to deplete their own health as quickly as their enemies, and can suffer from burnout if not kept in check.

Water: Mageneration and Agility
Weaker than fire but better at sustained damage. Mageneration makes up for the cost of additional attacks, while regen and dodge chance make them less vulnerable to all attacks, but not actually tanky.

Earth: Defense and Resistance
Pure tank. Hard to kill, but weaker than other elementals.

Metal: Strength and Defense
Melee skirmisher. Tanky-DPS. "Brawler." Good up close.

Wood: Resistance and Mageneration
Resilient and tanky. Regen for faster recovery.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPG Forum Game Suggestion / Compilation Thread - by Not The Author - 03-16-2013, 01:31 AM