Critique and Advice; the treadmill of adventuring.

Critique and Advice; the treadmill of adventuring.
RE: Critique and Advice; the treadmill of adventuring.
(07-29-2018, 02:41 AM)vie Wrote: »
(07-22-2018, 06:01 PM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »I try to make stuff but it always seems too rushed? I just can’t think of anything interesting to describe, and that makes it that way, but I don’t know how to fix it. It’s hard. :((((
You tend to describe everything very succinctly and straightforwardly (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) so if you want to 'slow down' your writing I think the simplest way would be to expand on your account of events.

You could try to keep the senses in mind- how does your character experience the events along each method of perception? You don't have to elaborate on every single one, but adding in more descriptions of textures, tastes, smells, etc. would let you longer longer on what they were experiencing and make your writing more vivid. The same goes for describing the internal experiences of the character- you could throw in some exploration of their emotions if you think it'd help the story.

Of course, you've also created a kind of conversational style of writing instead of plain narration (at least in 3 Doors), so you could also try to lean into the dialogue between protagonist and readers more. Maybe they have more questions for the Porters, or strong opinions to share, or feel the need to express their emotions?

I'll admit I'm not exactly an expert writer of prose (also, this response is pretty late and it seems like you've moved on from being current narrator of 3 Doors?), but I hope these ideas help somehow?

Oh, right! I’ll try do that in the future. Thanks for the advice!

[Image: PBxWmBw.png]
[Image: Fu2tbmz.png] owo whats this???

Messages In This Thread