We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
(03-12-2013, 09:12 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Note also I didn't say I think it's bad. I just don't like it. I can see how other people enjoy it, but it's not executed in a way that I thought was fun. I'd need to replay it to get any more in depth.

I know i always bring up SotC as The Game Everybody Loves Except Me™ but it's relevant this time i swear.

It's kinda like the opposite of MM, in both games you have a clear goal, yet in one you're free to bullshit around while the other urges you to get shit done or else you'll eventually have to "start over". I never felt pressured by the timer, like Mehg said, it's just a limit; a reminder that stuff is happening and you should get going. It doesn't set the pace for the player either, you're always free (after you turn back into a kid) to do most of the side quests, if you fuck it up, going back in time then fast-forwarding is the punishment for not figuring it out. It feels fair since the song of double time gives you plenty of time to mess around.

I know it's subjective though. I just personally don't enjoy the extreme freedom you get in SotC while exploring since there's nothing to do, whereas in MM you're given enough freedom to do other things without giving the main goal less priority. Not to mention all the stuff you can do besides the main quest.

Also, the best improvement in MM over OoT is Tatl.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]

Messages In This Thread