Another Me - Your number has been called!

Another Me - Your number has been called!
RE: Another Me - Your number has been called!
> Okay coffee guy, you just way overreacted

[Image: rESDcmY.png]

You are, among many other things, a man of letters and mathematics and science, and you would say what just transpired was, in a sense, a collision of those same worlds. Certainly, any loud-mouthed girl can speak of ghosts, for whatever reason that strikes her fancy. Any child can have a silly, faintly amusing argument about long-dead ancestors and why they should or should not eat ice cream.

But add those words to that name and to the face you wondered if you recognised when you glanced behind your shoulder, and you arrive at one simple, yet startling conclusion.

[Image: 8YxEK9G.png]

EFFY: Um... Let's sit down! M-Maybe in the corner here? There aren't even a lot of people here today, so...!
CLOVER: No, we're leavin'!
EFFY: Clo, it's fine...
CLOVER: Yeah, well, maybe if ya help me find a believable freakin' excuse for all the stuff I just said--
EFFY: Uh... I guess we could just come back when there's someone else at the counter...
NIMAH: Wait, what's this one on the menu? This "Chocozuma"? May I try it?
EFFY: S-See, she wants to try that one, so we should sit down and...
CLOVER: Ugggh, it's just a name, they got the same thing at the other place!
EFFY: ... Clo, seriously, it's ok, we can just say we were talking about... About, um, a show, or...

> Coffee guy: Wait! I'm sorry, did you just say...?

[Image: DgCUY1u.png]

???: Please! Could I have just a moment of your time?
CLOVER: No!
EFFY: Um, sure.

[Image: hXZXY2J.png]

???: To be quite blunt, you are the one I would like to have a word with.
NIMAH: Me?
???: Yes. I couldn't help but overhear your name.
NIMAH: Ah... I... am not from around here.
???: Oh, of course. Neither am I.

[Image: oPIUXIb.png]

???: I have recently arrived here from my home country of France, in fact. And although I was curious about what I would find here, I never imagined I would find you.
NIMAH: I don't understand.
???: 1728, hidden well to the west of Chunjujub. You very nearly tore a hole in my face. Somehow, we found an understanding, despite my exceedingly poor grasp of your language - which I am afraid I still haven't corrected...
NIMAH: ... Oh my goodness! Is it really you?
EFFY: You know him?
???: It's quite astounding, but yes! Please, call me...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - by Naem - 06-14-2018, 10:20 PM