SUPER MARIO TENSEI: Persona M

SUPER MARIO TENSEI: PERSONA M
is a pet project I've been mulling on for... hm. Several years now? I say mulling on and not working on as tangible progress towards some concrete end product remains virtually nonexistent. In making this thread, I hope to rectify that.

Essentially, Persona M takes a Persona-type scenario and injects it into the Grand Unified Mario Universe. To clarify:
  • In the Persona series, supernatural shenanigans threaten the safety of the world, and the only way to prevent the unraveling of causality is to make close friends with a cadre of malcontents. The protagonist's social life and the emotional wellbeing of their friends and associates are as mechanically important as their RPG combat stats. ...I'm probably overstating it, but still.

• The Grand Unified Mario Universe is a theoretical entity wherein every piece of Mario media, game or otherwise, is taken as some degree of True. That is, SMB3 is canonically a stageplay, but the GUMU takes it to be a reenactment of historical events. The accuracy of that stageplay as acknowledged by the GUMU is not necessarily fixed, however; it's only as true as it needs to be, and may be expanded upon as necessary.

This project has three core tenets:
1. Perform a character study of the Mario cast,
2. Critique the Persona series' inability to deliver on its promises, and
3. Create as many dumb fractalescent jokepuns as possible.

Each of these will be expanded upon in their own posts. Until then, check out this [cool playlist] that tries to capture the essence of what I aim to create.
At this time, it represents the bulk of Actual Work that's gone into this thought exercise. You may notice it's near-all Mario themes; this is a deliberate attempt to showcase the breadth of genres and styles the Mario series contains.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, offer suggestions to the playlist, posit Cool Thoughts, or do any other whatever, either here or through PMs.

Thank you so much for to reading my post! Enjoy yerselves, an' all that.

Messages In This Thread
SUPER MARIO TENSEI: Persona M - by Not The Author - 05-09-2018, 09:39 AM
RE: SUPER MARIO TENSEI: Persona M - by Schazer - 05-09-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: SUPER MARIO TENSEI: Persona M - by Arcanuse - 05-09-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: SUPER MARIO TENSEI: Persona M - by Sunspider - 05-09-2018, 06:00 PM