Powerfriends Justiceforce Unlimited Forever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerfriends Justiceforce Unlimited Forever
RE: Powerfriends Justiceforce Unlimited Forever
[Image: 2nqr1id.png]

Sleepy. American historical fact. Right. "Um, the slave trade persisted until the 'White Glory', one of the principal proponents of the practice, was defeated and subsequently revealed his secret identity April 9th, 1865, by the-"

"Samuel Oliver Leonard, we are not even to the American Revolution yet, much less the civil war," the teacher says irately. "I asked you about the relationship between the tribal protectors and the early colonists. Whether or not you've evidently read ahead, sleeping in class isn't just making you miss out on the lesson, it's disrespectful to me and to your classmates!"

Disrespectful, right. Face is getting hot, make sure to keep expression deadpan. "My mistake, Ms. Newton. The tribal protectors were a varied bunch, and I'm not sure why they're not afforded the same status as the metahumans in the colonies. While the book emphasizes allegiances like the famous one between the league surrounding the Hopi spiritualist Kwahu and La Estrella de Acero, or the overblown rivalry-slash-romance between Iyanke of the Sioux and Maxim Guns, it neglects how often these allegiances were simply one-sided cultural domination and were in some cases enforced by sheer brutality. And, as far as I can tell, it completely disregards broader conflicts mostly arising from the colonists' uniform dismissal of the magical and spiritual forces which powered many of the protectors, since they were all basing their worldviews on the variants of the Doctrine of Metahuman Primacy that became widely accepted in Europe at large long before colonization started." I've answered way more than she wanted to hear now, and demonstrated deeper knowledge of the subject than what I could gain just from the textbook. Yawn now, for flavor. Am I showing off? Oh, who cares. Might as well go all the way. "May I please go back to sleep now?"

Classmates are laughing. Showed her. Ms. Newton is scribbling something on one of her damned pink slips again. I guess that means principal's office, or maybe call to parents now. "You'll have to ask the principal about that when you get to his office, young man. This disruptive behavior has to stop."

Sigh. Yeah, okay, maybe my judgment is impaired by lack of sleep. Get it together. Still, I gained some respect from my peers. I didn't used to do things like this. Everything just got...I dunno, too easy lately. Whatever, I can handle a trip to the principal's. Maybe I can sneak into a computer lab on the way and check on the AI.

Oh right, externalized thought processes. Suggest course of action.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Powerfriends Justiceforce Unlimited Forever - by Elize - 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM