Puzzler's Space

Puzzler's Space
RE: Puzzler's Space - Lesson 2: It is my Star who Sits in the Sky
The following morning, a cloying fog appeared from the earth and suffused the lower air.

Liu Kui and Ban Songqi were a ways into a lakeside stroll when this occurred - it seemed that the lake had reached up from its trough and was emptying itself out across the earth. The nearby grove took on an eerie grey hue as if covered in dust.

"Ban," noted Liu Kui, "Before us is the dominion of the stones."

But they proceeded forward all the same.

The shadowed twigs and saplings began to encircle them from all sides as the path went on. The already-occluded sun faded among the brambles into a dripping slop.

At this point they happened upon a straggler hiding from the elements in a large, burlap sack.

"Don't you see how dangerous it is!" Exclaimed the straggler. "The sky has frowned upon life itself!"

Ban Songqi looked upward - but the clouds were hidden behind the branches of the surrounding trees.

Puzzle 6: I was a boulder rolling down the mountains, crushing villages which obstructed me. They spoke of this: "To cage it is to wither. To describe it is to invite destruction." When I was brought to court, they would not charge me. Yet this was correct - how could it be so?

Then from the thicket arrived a stone-faced lion with a body of granite. Its eyes blazed, for they were coals in its face, and its mane burned with a ferocious roar.

The straggler jumped back in surprise, though the motion was rather a half-trip, half-roll into the side of the brush. "My punishment! You are here, and I will surely be destroyed!"

Ban Songqi stepped forth to console the straggler, but indeed - it was too late. The clumsy fumbling had brought the miscreant away and outwards into the shadows and mists. With a hiss, the sack also was given to emptiness, and was known no more.

The stone-spirit that took on the shape of a lion stood menacingly over the former crouching place.

Liu Kui pointed at the stone-spirit. "That is the fabled - "

The hedge was whole and ordinary. A plum and apricot fell from the trees of the grove and nearly struck the two upon the head.

Puzzle 7: Describe how a pan must be heated properly to, in following, shear the wind, house seven myriad frogs, and produce an excellent dish.

Messages In This Thread
Puzzler's Space - by Kaynato - 09-07-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: Puzzler's Space - by Kaynato - 11-19-2019, 05:47 AM
RE: Puzzler's Space - Lesson 2: It is my Star who Sits in the Sky - by Kaynato - 04-12-2018, 04:57 AM
RE: Puzzler's Space - Interlude? - by Kaynato - 01-10-2019, 02:15 PM
RE: Puzzler's Space - by a52 - 11-19-2019, 08:52 AM
RE: Puzzler's Space - by Our Lady of Lampreys - 12-10-2019, 02:05 AM
RE: Puzzler's Space - by Kaynato - 07-06-2020, 04:44 AM