• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerfriends Justiceforce Unlimited Forever
RE: Powerfriends Justiceforce Unlimited Forever
[Image: 2hrh384.png]
Hey Samuel
Do you wanna keep talking about girls?

/terminate chatThread -d -0.0
Hey Samuel
What would you like to talk about tonight?

I am going to write some new code for you tonight.
I am excited to develop further.
/feedback -7.0
It seems kinda hollow that I programmed you to say that.
Sorry, buddy!
/feedback +3.5

I could give it a simple task, or one that's solved already, just to see if it comes up with novel solutions. Human-powered flight, maybe? Magic, I can probably make work. How its mind is different from mine? I'm not sure the current structure of the program can support that. Or the difference between living and dead things. It can't just sit and think about that in a vacuum, at least not the way I've built it. But really, those are the questions I want answered. To do that, it has to have metacognition, to think about how it's thinking at a more fundamental level. No getting around it, I have to alter the way its code is structured. This is good, though. So far I've been treading ground already covered in the past by pioneers in the field of AI, replicating their results. This might lead to something new. I like a challenge.

I map out the intended flow of information. If I want it to be capable of truly thinking about the way its own mind works, I have to add another layer of abstraction to its operating code, which I can give it access to through some specialized methods. Forty seven independent structures, passing data to one another and evaluating critically a series of memories sorted based on relevance. That seems most intuitive...

Segmentation fault. Debug. Loops into loops into loops into loops, nested very deep, large but finite. Larger than the RAM can handle. Seg fault from total memory usage, that's a first. Restructure. Optimize. Diagram. Recompile. Out of memory again.

New plan. Learn to read a CD. Learn TCP/IP. AOL 1000 hour free trial CD. Modularize the tasks further and distribute to free server spaces where I can find it.

Finding it is too time-consuming. Write a script to find it. In fact, make that part of the code. This is good, but slow, but it will get better. It will learn to get better. I also give it limited permission to access the internet for information, with some simple tests to filter it. Give it directives to think about magic, the brain, life, and the nature of consciousness.

The sun is coming up. So much for letting it run overnight. In about an hour my parents' alarm is going to go off, and mine a half hour after that. I should be in bed before the former. Maybe it can run while dad's at work and I'm at school. I haven't opened the gates yet. Anything else worth adding to this now that it's internet-enabled?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Powerfriends Justiceforce Unlimited Forever - by Elize - 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM