Monster Island: Explore - Act 1

Monster Island: Explore - Act 1
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1
The snapjaw roars loud, but you still start to hum. A flex summons a stream of bees that you shape and twist with a jazzy melody, forming into a gun...

But not just any gun, no. As the bees fill out a large round ammo wheel and a traditional stock, you are left with a Bee Tommy Gun, and you begin to fire rapidly.

The bees pierce the beast's fur, but don't exactly go through it. However, they do leave red spots from their stingers, and the beast scratches all around it's body in an attempt to rid itself of the pain but to no avail.

However, you think this might've just made it even angrier, as it's eyes become pure red and it charges violently towards you.

Just before it reaches you, it catches Frei's sledgehammer in it's fist, snapping it in half.

This gives you just enough time to rush in front of the furnace, goading it. It didn't need the goading really, you just felt like being a dick. It charges at you, and you duck out of the way with only a small incision on the back of your head to pay for it. The beast's lengthy maw gets stuck in the portal, and you see it's body flail around, unsure of what world it lies in.

It begins to violently twist and turn, it's joints at sickening angles and it's flesh warping with an otherworldly shape, before it bursts in a gush of gore.

Ew.

Frei gets up and looks at the house.

"Seriously? Today is not my day, huh...." She almost smiles, before she sees that you killed the beast by portal. She gulps.

"You... You... Oh, I guess I can't blame you. You don't really understand what's going on, huh?"

Lordlyhour Wrote:What the heck is up with everything in this crazy place?

Frei takes a seat and motions for you to do the same, which you do.

"I can't explain everything now, because we really don't have the time... But for starters, I'll explain portals. Portals are the connections between worlds, if you hadn't figured that out already. They're a violent, tumultuous zone, like the raging sea between two islands. Trying to cross between worlds on your own is impossible. When you stuck that Snapjaw in there, it got stuck in between worlds, which isn't the natural state for anything, really. As you could tell, when you went through the portal, you were nauseous and vomiting. After a while you get used to travelling between portals, but if you get stuck in one, or part-way between this world and a portal, you'll... well, you'll end up like the Snapjaw most likely. Splattered on someone's walls. I don't really understand the specifics of why this happens, it just does. Anyway, while I'd love to teach you more, I gotta clean up and then we gotta go!" She pats you on the back as she presses a button on the table, and the gore on the walls is sucked through the furnace, except it doesn't go through the portal, and just burns.

"Oh yeah, that's one more thing. If you don't have the intent of going through a portal, you can't travel through it. Portals aren't visible and only work if you know they're there, really. Or you believe they are."

She goes outside for a moment, before bringing a change of clothes for you to wear.

"Might be a little big, but I'm sure you'd prefer that than what you've got on now."

She goes out into the outhouse, presumably washing up.

You get out of your... well, bloody rags, at this point, and you put on the clothes. They don't fit very well, as expected, but you feel much more comfortable in the blacksmith's garb than bloody strips of cloth. They also seem to improve your defensive capabilities, if only marginally.

You wait outside for a while before Frei exits the outhouse, having cleaned off her clothes. She grabs her splintered hammer from inside, frowns, but ends up just taking the top half, because it has the actual hammer piece on it.

"Alright, let's get going!" A spring in her step, she heads to the north, deeper into the island, and you follow her.

The horizon is foreboding, with a large volcano residing in the center, and what seems like a dead forest lying all around it. The jungle turns more woods-like here, and in the distance you spot a large castle, off to the east. But you keep heading north, following Frei.

You've arrived at the dead forest. Blackened trees all around, not a particularly pleasant sight. There is no grass here either, just hard black soil.

Frei begins digging around in it, and after a moment pulls out a large black nugget.

"Here we are! Just what I needed. Now we can go back home and I'll be finished in no ti-"

Frei is cut off by a large shrieking sound. A creature falls in front of you, and screams again, but you manage to grab a look at it before it shrieks again. It seems to almost be a pterodactyl, yet has a large bat head, with an elongated beak lined with serrated edges.

It keeps screaming, slowly approaching as it does so.

Seems like you're in for it now.

-BATTLE START-

Bumble:
Status - DAZED, OK

Frei:
Status - DAZED, OK

???:
Status - FINE

Show Content
i'm a rad teen, confirmed good dog, and i try to do things sometimes.
Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by sprïly - 01-10-2018, 08:20 AM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by Myeth - 01-10-2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by NotABear - 01-10-2018, 01:09 PM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by sprïly - 01-10-2018, 01:30 PM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by Myeth - 01-10-2018, 05:00 PM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by FlanDab - 01-10-2018, 07:51 PM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by SeaWyrm - 01-10-2018, 10:42 PM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by sprïly - 01-12-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by Myeth - 01-12-2018, 01:15 PM
RE: Monster Island: Explore - Act 1 - by FlanDab - 01-12-2018, 01:37 PM