The Lifter's Paradox [Round One: the Great Golemworks!]

Poll: Round One!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Lord's Chandelier
40.00%
4 40.00%
The Great Golemworks
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lifter's Paradox [Round One: the Great Golemworks!]
RE: The Lifter's Paradox [Signups, kinda!]
Name: oh goddammit shit i dunno Llathorp. Also, magic 8 ball.
Sex: Gamma male and magic 8 ball.
Race: a lizard thing? No clue what to call them. I guess I'll call them Ornithrops. I have no idea. Also, magic 8 ball.
Description: [Image: 24bsrxz.png]

Basically this dude has like six leg things, the last two always on the ground, which he can balance on, the first two always used as arms, and the pair in the middle alternates. He also probably wears a hat. He's spineless and pretty much everything he does is for purely his own benefit. He's a bit clever in a dense sort of way. Most of the time he just wanders alone. His usual pasttime is sneaking into places and seducing women.

The magic 8 ball looks like a magic 8 ball. Its possible answers are "Sure," "No," "Ask again later," "I am a Magic-8 Ball," and "Don't be a smartass." There may be more but Llathorp hasn't encountered any others.

Abilities: Llathorp can climb walls. He's also pretty good at running away from things.

The magic 8 ball has reality warping abilities. You may ask it for something and if it answers favorably, it grants you whatever you ask for. ("Please give me invincibility or something?" "Sure." Bam, invincibility.) It may or may not have snarky sentience, meaning it may or may not twist the request a bit. It's not outright hostile, though. It is possibly didactic in nature. Snarkily didactic.

Biography: Ornithrops have three sorts of males, the alpha male that is in charge of the city (and all the lay-diieesss), the beta male who are the descendants of the alpha male and guard the city, and the wimpy gamma males who look rather feminine and are instantly thrown out as soon as they are discovered to be gamma males. Gamma males spend their time either wandering outside in the desert or sneaking into cities and wooing the lay-diiesss with their relative cunning. (Alpha males are not known for being extremely perceptive.) Sometimes they sneak a special woman out along with them to be a life-long mate but it doesn't usually happen.

Llathorp was thrown out of his birthplace at a rather young age and learned how to survive very quickly. (It involved running away from things.) His lifestyle drilled into his mind the idea of looking out for himself above all others, not letting things like morality get in his way in order to survive. Because there wasn't really such thing as a strict moral code.

At some point, Llathorp found a strange magic 8 ball and mostly regarded it as a curiosity, keeping it because he didn't really have much belongings in the first place. He only discovered its magical properties when it ultimately saved him when he was once caught and about to be executed, and after that, he tried to use it pretty much whenever possible. The magic 8 ball doesn't really make it easy and often frustrates him. But he still carries it around because c'mon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Lifter's Paradox [Signups, kinda!] - by MalkyTop - 02-06-2013, 12:34 AM