The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)
"Then tell me where I may find Nurrkel the Fifth." Harold wasn't sure where this plotline was going, but surely if he ad-libbed long enough he would get some idea of it.

"I do not know where Ve might be," said "Shingles". "Perhaps Ve is still on nrkk'V? Or, as a superior V'kkrn, Ve might have access to a shuttle to nrkk'v. But if Ve is somewhere here, I am afraid I cannot help you, Superior."

"Why do you call me Superior?" Harold asked.

"I am a mere v'kkrn," ve explained. "And ve are inferior to all else."

Oh, now it's starting to make sense. I'm supposed to show Shingles here that ve isn't inferior. But where does Nurrkel fit into this? Is Ve even here, or did this one get grabbed by mistake? Well, I shouldn't get ahead of myself, 'Harold' is still rather xenophobic. That was clear enough the last time around.

"Well then, Shingles the Myrrhman," Harold said tentatively. "You must know something of your people. If Nurrkel was transported here, then perhaps you can help me find Ver."

Perfect, Nurrkel thought. I can lead this fool to... ver doom? Ver doom? What is the proper term for other species?

"But Ve is a V'kkrn! If I were to aid you in harming Ver, it would violate the laws of nrkk'V!"

"It". I will call it an it for the time being. I can lead this fool to its doom.

"Very well, then. I give you my word I will not harm Nurrkel the Fifth unless Ve attacks me first. Is that acceptable?"

Wow, it's been three whole movies since I made that offer. Well, that should do until either the confrontation with Nurrkel, or the reveal that Ve was never taken... Wait, is Shingles meant to be Nurrkel pulling some kind of trick? Ugh, I hope not, that would just make Ver another boring schemer.

"I... I believe so. I will aid as best as my inferior v'kkrn body and mind allow me to."

It is no match for my cunning. It will think me a pathetic v'kkrn, rather than the greatest of the V'kkrns. And then I shall guide it into a trap.

Once I have learned this land well enough to find a trap, of course. But that should be little trouble.

"All right, then." Harold pointed to the bear tracks leading away. "Let's follow those bear riders, shall we? Probably best to keep them out of trouble."

Or rather, make sure they don't get into it without us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs - by Dragon Fogel - 09-18-2012, 04:15 AM
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam) - by Dragon Fogel - 01-29-2013, 05:33 AM