Venteux Services

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venteux Services
RE: Venteux Services
Bigro Wrote:YOU BETTER BE THINKING THIS THROUGH, THIS COULD BE A TRAP

Look, I am just as suspicious of this whole job myself. But, Aera says to go ahead. And she's pretty dependable. Sort of. Kinda. ....

(01-21-2013, 12:19 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »Trod back and forth while staring at the ground for a ring.

(01-21-2013, 02:31 AM)Schazer Wrote: »One of you: walk and talk with the client. Have the other scout ahead a bit.

Ok, that's not a good idea. Bazaar and 12th is on the other side of the city, where the Central Bazaar is at. Walking there would take the average person over half a day. Espoir is a large city.

Wessolf27 Wrote:...or just grab one of those new-fangled air taxis that the kids want to ride these days.

(01-21-2013, 12:00 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »>Okay, follow the nice and not-the-least-bit-suspicious lady to the scene.

Probably best. We're a bit tight on funds, but an air taxi ride shouldn't be too much.

[Image: aw9RTsC.png]

Driver: "So, where you wan'ta go?"

Kit:[B] "Bazaar and 12th, please."

[B]Driver:
" 'ow many?"

Kit: "Just two."

Lena: "What? Two? I thought I was going to show you where I lost the ring?"

Aera: "You are. You'll be going with Kit. I'll follow on foot."

Lena: "Wait. Bazaar and 12th is really far! How are you going to manage that?"

Aera: "I have my ways. Now, hurry, hurry. That driver looks a bit impatient."

Lena: "....alright."

I give some money to the driver, who shrugs and motions us to come in. Lena looks back at Aera, but then gets in, with me following. As the door slams, Lena quickly turns to me.

Lena: "Is she really going to meet us there?"

[Image: yDFpef3.gif]

Kit: "...well...she has her ways."

Sigh, I'm really not comfortable with this. I really really think this whole job is a waste of time, and there's something this lady is hiding. But, for now, I'll just sit in silence for a bit.
(01-21-2013, 01:11 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Take in the sights, give us exposition take in the setting, think about history and landmarks in the city...all that.

[Image: VI3pZKC.png]

You know, I still can't believe I'm here. A little over a week ago, I was still living in a small hamlet, helping my grandmother mind the curio shop. But I wanted more. I wanted a slice of the action that Espoir had to offer.

Espoir, the capital of trade. It's renown far and wide as the most prosperous city, especially under its free trade agreements. Merchants and tradesmen from all over have come to ply their trade, and they helped create the goods to help Espoir grow. But what really got the ball rolling was one of the most scientifically significant discoveries in the last hundred years.

Elemain.

Not much is really known about this thing actually. Elemain is basically a mineral that some guys dug up a century ago. They quickly realized its HUGE energy storing and releasing capabilities. Elemain also was extremely varied in the types of energy it produced. It could heat up, it could cool, it could radiate, it could emit a huge amount of mechanical force from its mere vibrations. Basically every concept of science mankind had discovered was promptly shattered by the discovery of this precious gem. But what was even more astounding was that they could process it and create even more potent creations.

This thus leads us to the present. Vehicles, like the air taxi I'm riding right now, are powered by a type of propulsion Elemain. Fossil fuels and solar power were quickly replaced with Elemain, which was seemingly infinite in its power source. Elemain was even made into special talismans and jewelry, allowing everyday people to perform marvelous feats that they normally couldn't do. Researchers are still mastering ways to process, manufacture, and sell these precious items. It got so big that Espoir, the center of the discovery, created a branch of law enforcement to deal with the regulations of Elemain. All in all, it turned Espoir into the single most powerful city in the area. And that power was what drew me here.

Well...I didn't expect I'd find myself rescuing cats or finding lost rings.

[Image: 4uj6YFO.png]

Lena: "Umm..."

Hmm? Did she say something?"

Lena: "I'm sorry."

Kit: "What?"

Lena: "I'm sorry for that outburst. I really shouldn't have done that, and have been more grateful."

Kit: "...I'm sorry too."

Lena: "What for?"

Kit: "For pushing you like that. I should've have noticed that you were troubled. It wasn't my place to do that."

Lena: "Oh, no. I'm...I'm just worried. As you can probably tell, this ring is important to me. It's...it's all I really have left. And I don't know who to trust."

Why is she turning away? What is it she's hiding? She doesn't seem like she has ill intent, but this ring...it seems to be occupying a great deal of her mind. Hmm, I wonder how I can get her to open up a bit...

>_

Messages In This Thread
Venteux Services - by BestTeaMaker - 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: Venteux Services - by Dragon Fogel - 01-21-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Venteux Services - by Gnauga - 01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: Venteux Services - by AgentBlue - 01-21-2013, 01:11 AM
RE: Venteux Services - by Schazer - 01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
RE: Venteux Services - by BestTeaMaker - 01-21-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: Venteux Services - by AgentBlue - 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: Venteux Services - by BestTeaMaker - 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Venteux Services - by Dragon Fogel - 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Venteux Services - by AgentBlue - 01-22-2013, 02:47 AM