SpoilerShow

LOAD

>>NEW

JOB 1
New Opportunities

[Image: WS9vA.png]

Hrrmph.

Bigro Wrote:WHAT ARE YOU SO GRUMPY FOR YOUNG MANLADY

Not grumpy. Just.......ugh...frustrated. I can't believe we got this far behind on the papers. I mean, we've only been in business for a week and -- HOW ARE THERE THIS MANY BILLS ALREADY?

ProfessorLizzard Wrote:>Contemplate signing the papers without reading them

Yeah. Not gonna do that. Not when there are....hrrrngh...Sorry, thought I carried the two wrong. Sometimes I wish I wasn't the only person who was good with numbers around here.

Lordlyhour Wrote:Because his Savefile got deleted, Duh. Along with the DLC that had the Graphics update. That'd annoy anyone.
Kit (?): Disregard Commands, Complete paperwork

>Complete paperwork...or at least finish off a stack. Maybe

[Image: hAjqs.png]

...$200, $314, $101, $77, ...$1122? No, that can't be right...

[Image: jVaZf.png]

...no,no, no....crap. Great, GREAT. We somehow have to pay over $1800 in damages for that street. I guess I should be thankful we're not being charged for that lampost. I almost feel like we're being pitied.

Bigro Wrote:YOUNG MANLADY YOU PAY YOUR FINES THIS INSTANT.

" AM TRYING TO GET THIS IN ORDER.

Wessolf27 Wrote:>...you look like you need some time off from your work.

Unfortunately, I can't. We're only a two-man operation. I can't afford to take time off. And besides, I've only been working for a week.

Jacquerel Wrote:Flip your desk in frustration, drown in snowstorm of paper

I would. But guess who has to clean.

Lordlyhour Wrote:Kit(?) Exposit on Who We Is. Unless you're using the Royal we. If that is the case, Exposit on Who You is.

>Exposit

Well, my name's Kit. Kit Badle. It says right there on the table, ya know? As I said earlier, I work in a two-person company called...

Venteux Services

What do we do? .....well I actually can't get into much detail right now because I'm really, really busy getting these bills in order. But I can give you a simple idea. We're simply the guys who do odd jobs. It's a weird concept for a business, but it's pretty amazing, the shenanigans that happens in the city of Espoir. But, really, it's just odd jobs. Like the one I'm painfully reviewing right now.

[Image: uVfwr.png]

Cat in a tree. Cliched, I know, but yeah. Old lady called us up about helping her find a missing cat. We found the creature stuck in a tree. Normally, this sort of thing is easy, right?

1. Get a ladder

2. Climb up ladder

3. Get cat

4. Return cat

5. Get paid for returning cat

But...this is how my boss/partner solves problems.

[Image: 0ItZg.png]

I don't even know how we weren't fined for tha - oh wait, here's the form. Great, now we owe a solid $2000. Geez....with the reward for those thugs we got that day, we're barely breaking even now...

[Image: qGcgH.png]

Kit: "C'mon! Most of these bills are your fault! You should at least come down from there and help--"

Curris Wrote:Boss --> Idly pull forms out of the file cabinet in your sleep. Litter the ground with them, out of order. .

[Image: B86aJ.png]

Kit: "OY! WHA-WHAT ARE YOU.....STOP THAT! That took me three days to organize!"

Fazwick Wrote:>Boss: Resume beauty sleep

Kit: "Aaaargh! Dammit, get down and -"

[Image: pQf1p.png]

Curris Wrote:Kit -> Hear the doorbell. Perhaps the mailman has more paperwork for you?

>Answer the bell

Ugh, she's impossible to work with sometimes. Maybe I'll just chat up the mailman for a bit... Oh?

[Image: PIchA.png]

???: "Hello. Is this the office of Venteux Services? I wish to hire you for a job."

Ross_Varn Wrote:> Both: Look up comically midway through these shenanigans.
Curris Wrote:Kit ==> Sit down, clear a space for the woman to sit, as she lays out the details of the job.
Wessolf27 Wrote:>Kit: offer a seat to the miss.

>Greet the client

A client! Umm...um..gotta clean, gotta get her a chair, gotta get her some tea...aaaaaaaah!

[Image: EtXBi.png]

Kit: "Oh geez! Sorry, miss, I'll get all this cleaned up. Please give me a second."

-5 MINUTES LATER-

Curris Wrote:Story --> Take on a pulp film noir aspect as this dame lays out her problems.
Lordlyhour Wrote:Kit(!): Demand that that Womanlady-Person Provide Exposition on what sort of job she wants.
Nighzmarquls Wrote:New Person: Have a Job Involving a Mongoose, A Vat of Caramel and the unfortunate side effects of a hive of genetically engineered bees.
Lordlyhour Wrote:Woman lady person: Also Remember to actually tell them what you want.

[Image: m1URt.png]

Kit: "Ahem, well, sorry for making you wait. How would you like Venteux Services to help you?"

???: "Well, sir, my name is Lena Mangouste. I will make this short. I wish for you to find me a ring."

Kit: "A ring?"

Lena: "Yes. I have heard that this...company...specializes in these small odd jobs. Your reputation precedes you. Why, people are still talking about that incident yesterday, with the lamp post and those bank robbers."

Kit: "Umm...yes...hehe."

Bigro Wrote:YOUNG MANLADY YOU TAKE THAT JOB

[Image: CRoAX.png]

Kit: "Well, since we're finding a ring, I should talk about how we charge --

Curris Wrote:Boss ==> Take the case before deciding on compensation. . .

[Image: CL2WU.png]

GBBASDRRSDA!!!!!

Wessolf27 Wrote:>Boss: Hop off and introduce yourself upfront with the biggest smile you can make

[Image: iJHnp.png]

Boss: "Why, hello, there ma'am. My name's Aera Venteux, and I am the head of this company."

Lena: "Umm, is that boy alright?"

Ow...the pain.........ow.....my mouth tastes like blood...

Aera: "Ah, don't worry, he's used to things like this. Now, can you tell me a few things about this ring?"

[Image: QgUN5.png]

Lena: "Well, it's a silver ring set with a sapphire. It's custom made, so it's quite valuable. It has a certain....personal charm for me."

Aera: "Hmm...well, do you mind if we ask you some questions? I would like to know more about this ring."

Lena: "Umm, sure."

Aera's looking rather...intently at the client. Is she trying to gauge her reactions? I wonder what's up.

Wessolf27 Wrote:>Hrm... take note of it. Also, ask about what sort of heirloom it is, along with the last place she had it.

>Continue questioning Lena

[Image: tddXYok.png]

Lena: "Umm, are you alright?"

Kit: "No, not really. So, this is the ring that you said was missing?"

Lena: "Yes. It's a family heirloom."

Kit: "Yeah, I heard you say that before. Do you remember where you last saw it? Maybe where you lost it?"

[Image: gdFOOJ2.png]

Lena: "I dropped it."

Kit: ".....you....dropped it."

Lena: "Yes, on the corner of Bazaar and 12th."

Kit: "....You DROPPED it, and yet you can't find it?"

Lena: "Yes. Anything else?"

Yeah, this chick is hiding something.

Wessolf27 Wrote:>Kit: attempt to press for details.

Bigro Wrote:YOUNG MANLADY YOU EXTRUDE THOSE DETAILS RIGHT NOW, SO HELP ME.

>Continue questioning some more

Kit: "Is there anything else? I mean, you seem really fixated on this ring, but you keep talking like it's nothing special."

Lena: "That is a personal thing."

Kit: "Okay, but are you sure you just dropped it? Are you very sure no one else picked it up?"

Lena: "I said I already know it hasn't been taken yet."

Kit: "Ma'am, I'm just trying to find out more about this ring so that it is easier to find and--"

[Image: 7TgocJx.png]

Lena: "Excuse me, I was unaware that this turned into an interrogation. I came in with the understanding that Venteux Services specialized in helping its clients, NOT hounding them for answers. I have given all that I believe is important to this job."

Kit: "But--!"

Lordlyhour Wrote:Aera: Return to the room with the thing you were retreiving. Do so via a Second kick to Kit's Face. On the Other cheek, so he's in symmetrical Pain

[Image: jHviXym.png]

we--GBRRRRRRGHN

Fazwick Wrote:>Shes not going to give more detail, might just start investigating it yourself. Agree on the job.

Aera: "Yes, we are here to help you. We will begin our search for this ring right away. Can you please wait outside so that you can lead us to where you last saw it? We'll take it from there afterwards."

Lena: "Ok, ok thank you. I will wait outside. Thank you for this."

[Image: 6W6eVfc.png]

Aera: "No problem. That's what we're here for. We'll make sure we'll find your ring."

Lena: "....thank you."

And there goes our client. Why oh why did we accept this job?

Aera: "C'mon, Kit. Get up off that floor. We need to get going."

Kit: "Ugggh. Ok, can you please tell me why we're doing this?"

Aera: "What do you mean? This is our job."

Kit: "No, our job is perform tasks for people who otherwise can't. This sounds like it'll be a wild goose chase. How do we even know that there's a ring? For all we know, she's taking us for a ride."

Aera: "Oh, don't be such a stick, Kit. She asked for our help, so we might as well do it."

Kit: "Can we even do it? We're still in debt, which only was made worse two days ago after that cat-and-bandits fiasco. This job may very well waste our time."

Aera: "Is it the money? Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that this job will be well worth it."

Kit: "What do you mean? We're just finding a ring. It's not like we're finding a lost treasure trove."

Aera: ".....hmm, I just have a hunch."

...What does she mean? She hasn't told me that since we first met. Could...could this mean...ah forget it.

Kit: "Alright, let's go. Although I feel that I'm going to regret this."

[Image: hx1Vhf2.png]

Aera: "You know, the only way we're going up in the world is if we go out and do things. And besides, in a city like Espoir..."

(image too big, click this spoiler please)
SpoilerShow

Aera: "There are always many chances to find new opportunities."

JOB 1

CLIENT: Lena Mangouste (32)
DESCRIPTION: Find Lena's missing ring
DETAILS
  • Lena claims the ring is a personal heirloom
  • She lost it on Bazaar and 12th
  • She is confident that is hasn't already been taken

>_

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread