Critique and Advice; the treadmill of adventuring.

Critique and Advice; the treadmill of adventuring.
RE: Critique and Advice; the treadmill of adventuring.
Re: Perception: It seems good so far, I don't think the prose is too purple at all. The figurative language is descriptive and purposeful and doesn't seem to drag the narrative down or get in the way.
I also agree that if the backstory is more important or interesting you could consider going fully non-linear with the narrative if you think it would be a good way to explore those past events.

So, I feel like I've put up enough stuff on Eagle Time that I feel okay with asking for some feedback on Reforge (specifically the current stuff on ET more than the super old and pre-ET bits). This is the first big creative thing I've ever done, and I don't have any clue what I'm doing!
Any tips on how to write unique character voice? Also, how do you do tone? Because I feel like my adventure always ends up all over the place in that regard.

I guess I don't know much specific advice to ask for, it would just be nice to kind of get a feel for what's working here and what isn't, especially given that it's getting close to the end of the current chapter I think and a chapter break seems like a good time to modify formatting/writing/art if I have to.

Messages In This Thread