We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
oh god what am i doing here i want to go home to the doodle thread

Well, after owning the game for 2 days short of a year, I finally got around to beating Skyward Sword today. I'm a pretty big fan of it honestly! There are a few obvious flaws of course, and off the top of my head they include:

- Fi, making Navi look like a the world's best adventure guide in comparison. If I need to know where to go, I'll ask you, and there's already a tried and true system in place to tell me when my hearts are *BEEPBEEP. BEEPBEEP.* low. Please stop jumping out in front of me on every possible occasion. The battery thing was nice though, I play for pretty long sessions at a time and it's not uncommon to go through a remote's worth of power (we have these chargers for the Wii remotes to save on batteries but they don't last as long as they used to).

- The Motion Plus swordplay element worked just fine (great, even!), but using the bow and other projectile launching items kind of became a pain. Unless there's an option I don't know about, you've always gotta shoot these things in first person, regardless of whether or not you're targeting an enemy, which sort of defeats the purpose. Not to mention how easily the cursor kind of drifts off - I find myself having to recenter it a lot.

- Fucking Guardian Potion +. For 200 Rupees and a handful of bugs, you can make a potion that makes you invincible for a good 3 minutes - even longer than that if you happen to have a potion medal in your pouch. I used this thing on the last boss and I really wish I hadn't. I feel kind of cheated now honestly, and I don't plan to use it again in Hero Mode. Or ever.

The rest of the game was great though! There were more than enough side quests to quench my Majora's Mask sized thirst, and I know I didn't do them all. Treasure/bug hunting was a nice distraction in return for upgrades you could mix and match (I really want to just amass big quivers at some point and become Arrowman, face-shooter of justice). Not to mention the end game was good challenging fun, barring the aforementioned goddamn potion. I can't wait to play it again in Hero Mode, especially for the Boss Rush and final big bads.

Also Timeshift Stones are awesome, the end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - by thegreenspark - 12-24-2012, 07:54 AM