GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke)

GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke)
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke)
The dragon went closer than Seraeus expected. An appraising eye, partially filmed over by blindness, observed him bird-like; the pupil rapidly expanding and contracting in interest. The lizardman politely took a step back.

“HELLO SONNY!”

Wait. What? Is this dragon senile?

“I HAD NOT SEEN YOU FOR A LONG TIME. ARE YOU NOW WORKING AS…A CARETAKER?”

“Carnomancer.” Seraeus raised a dagger in self-defense. The dragon immediately ate it, leaving him with a useless handle and mild annoyance. “I was using that,” he snapped.

“OH, I’M SORRY. HERE.” The dragon swept her tail around and produced a replacement. It was ostensibly a dagger, if you could call a falchion a dagger. It was very heavy, very slimy, and the blade almost immediately burst into flames when he handled the thing. Saraeus immediately dropped it, making the dragon very upset. “I THOUGHT YOU WANTED THAT.”

“I prefer something…tamer?”

The dragon’s tail darted for the falchion before placing a dagger in his hands. It was cool and sleek and judging from how it balanced in his hands, it seemed be properly weighted. There weren’t any magical properties he could detect – it was simply just a very good dagger, Seraeus begrudgingly admitted.

“This is acceptable.” He nodded.

“I KNOW MY BLADES,” she chuffed. “I FOUGHT IN WARS, YOU KNOW.”

“You do know where we are?”

“SON, I HAVE NO IDEA. I JUST FIGURE IF I GET TO A CITY, I COULD ASK FOR DIRECTIONS HOME AND TAKE A NAP.” She paused. “MAYBE TWO NAPS.”

“Unfortunately, I have bad news. The nearest city is a bit of a bore.”

“THAT’S A SHAME. I WOULD HAD RAZED IT TO THE GROUND IF IT WASN’T SO TIRING. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?”

“Somewhere more useful. Less rude.”

Seraeus proceeded to hustle past the dragon and picked up the brisk pace. Of course, the clanging and clattering behind him was evidence enough that his journey will be less solitary than he wanted it to be. At least it’ll be interesting, he supposed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Plaid - 07-17-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Pharmacy - 07-19-2017, 04:47 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Plaid - 07-19-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Hellfish - 07-19-2017, 10:38 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Solaris - 07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by myw - 07-20-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by seedy - 07-21-2017, 05:29 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Gatr - 07-21-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Dragon Fogel - 07-23-2017, 02:19 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Akumu - 07-25-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke) - by Pharmacy - 08-11-2017, 06:38 AM