GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke)

GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke)
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke)
Finality-in-Isolation escaped the cave, their depreciated body leaning entirely on their staff for support. They had previously believed that the sun's rays would be of little hindrance to them, even in this state, but the heat was not only unlike anything they had felt before, it was also simply unbearable in this condition.

They retreated into the shade of the cave's entrance for a moment, to contemplate possible courses of actions. "Return? Cave is too populated to allow slumber, but not populated enough to recover strength. I must find a shelter, must find a balance."

Finality was so lost in their thoughts that they didn't notice a ratfolk sneak up on them, "Oh dear, look at you, just skin and bones, how long have you been out here?" She was shorter than most ratfolk and was wearing a poncho along with a straw hat. "Every few days I come out to see if anyone's wandered in this blasted death trap of a cave, the signs are there for a reason, oh dear."

Finality recoiled and leaped back into the shadows as the ratfolk lady looked around to ensure that the caves entrance had its proper warnings. She hadn't noticed their form yet. Finality looked around, seeing a mysterious horse-less carriage as well but nothing else. It was just the two of them, and as soon as they recognized this, something stirred within them.

"NO!" They screamed, catching the lady's attention.

"Oh, oh dear, sorry, I get distracted rather easily, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Ysin. Now are you alone, were there any others with you?"

Finality focused, holding in their urges. "There are no others inside of the cave. I do not require assistance, please leave."

Ysin shook her head and scurried to her car, grabbing a large hat. "Look at you, I cannot in good conscious leave you like this! Come, here, this will protect you somewhat from the heat, come on now."

Finality gripped at their staff tightly, but agreed and walked closer to Ysin, lowering their head to accept her hat.

Upon seeing the full figure of Finality's carapaced form, Ysin did indeed gasp, but kept herself composed as she placed a hat upon them. "Good. Now, there are a few other places I need to check out, but you can stay in the car while I do that, then we can get to town, is there anything I can do for you on the way, er?"

Finality followed Ysin to her vehicle, stepping inside while focusing on keeping themselves as they were. "I am... Finality-in-Isolation, one of the last of my kind, your generosity will not be forgotten. Er, if it would not be a burden, could you tell me a story?"

Ysin, to her credit, continued to be composed, used to people getting loopy from the heat, although they never looked the part of what they were saying. As she drove off towards the pyramids, she began to tell a fairy tale that her mother had told her when she was little.

Finality listened intently, this would be enough, for now.
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons

Messages In This Thread
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Plaid - 07-17-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Pharmacy - 07-19-2017, 04:47 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Plaid - 07-19-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Hellfish - 07-19-2017, 10:38 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Solaris - 07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by myw - 07-20-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by seedy - 07-21-2017, 05:29 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Gatr - 07-21-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Dragon Fogel - 07-23-2017, 02:19 AM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy - by Akumu - 07-25-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: GB Disc 1: Untold Prophecy (Round 1 - Heatstroke) - by Solaris - 08-06-2017, 09:32 PM