"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares

"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
WUWU

It was the post apocalyptic young adult novel setting........

In this world, the remnants of society train teenagers to risk their lives searching for clues about the past. Those who discover the most relics and solve the most puzzles are the highest ranking members...

Then, at the end of each year, there's a big party and the top ranked 4 girls and 4 boys are chosen to lead an expedition.... including me, timu, who is the best, who far exceeds the abilities of the other 7 people, due to me being fucking amazing and the most accomplished mage ever!

Just as the party is ending, some invaders attack! amidst the chaos of the party and their surprise infiltration, both sides sustain heavy losses and many of our favorite characters perish in the battle! Fortunately, i cast a spell that both reverses time and also completely destroys the attackers before they even show up.

The chosen eight get ready to leave but a separate problem has arrived.... as we are preparing to board the subway (where i had cast the time spell), distortions from the alternate timeline are disrupting people's movements, causing people to be warped back and forth between where they were in the other timeline and where they are currently, due to our proximity with where i cast the time spell.

I have to singlehandedly use my powers to pull people out of harms way and onto the subway and also push these weird cars that someone left on the subway tracks out of the way so the subway could get moving.

Finally with the effects of the time distortion defeated, and everyone safe on the subway, the expedition can begin!

it is a long journey. Along the way we learn some backstory about my family. My older brother, Blight, was sent on one of the previous expeditions. He was no where near as cool as me, but he was still pretty powerful back in the day. However, he ended up being outranked at the end of that expedition by some other guy. Out of jealousy and rage, Blight became evil, and settled in the faraway land. Ever since, none of the expeditions we sent ever came back.

As the subway travels the 8000 mile journey over, i realize that there is a bug. Not just a like, insect creepy crawly bug, but it is also SPYING ON US! It discovers that it has been discovered and enrages, becoming large and threatening to consume all of us! Fortunately i am very strong and i force it to instead consume an entire city instead. it dies. THe bug as a big monster is kinda like a big walnut with spider legs coming out, and i put the city inside the walnut shell and it kind of walnut crushed it.

Wait! Where did the city come from! It's full of people! Turns out there is still a thriving society of life (besides the one full of only teenagers) and its a bustle of activity! I immediately offer my services to help people, by teleporting them to wherever they want. Unfrotunately some of them don't speak english very well and i teleport some of them to the wrong place. Oh well. THey'll be fine. I also notice that the subway station we stopped at is in a kind of inconvenient location, so i place a Magic Waypoint Totem that people can teleport to at will, so they can access the subway station more easily. However i make a goof, the totem is too close to a pole (that people hang on to so they don't fall when the train is in motion) so people are teleporting in and getting stuck in the pole. The subway boss immediately fires me. I fix the problem but i'm still fired :(

I brought my cat but she's a bit of a hassle to watch over so i bring her to this house of this lady who i met. I enchant all the doors and windows so my cat can't get out, and also as a side effect, no outside magic can penetrate the house. Outside i see this guy who wants to be let in. Apparently its the lady's husband but.... he's clearly disguised. It's my brother! Blight! I easily defeat him in magical combat.

I leave to go investigate why this bustling society has existed all this time and none of the other expeditions of the past (before Blight stopped them all from coming back) ever mentioned this city. Meanwhile on the internet, the lady complains on the internet about how i beat up her husband. Turns out blight is actually her husband, and she let him back inside the house. which means my cat got out. dang it.
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares - by Crowstone - 07-31-2017, 05:27 PM