Cloudsea - The Chronicle of Alice Van Vaugen

Cloudsea - The Chronicle of Alice Van Vaugen
RE: Cloudsea - The Chronicle of Alice Van Vaugen
Alice was unconscious again. It was starting to become a habit.

( Hello. I'll be keeping my voice down so I do not disturb our sleeping friend. Let's see... The CloudSea, hm? Interestingly enough, all three of those answers are somewhat valid. Life used to live on the ground, on a planet, far below the islands. It's not clear WHY- but life has now migrated up here. The islands ARE man-made in that they are assembled by hand usually, but they're assembled from pieces of rock and dirt large enough that the theory about the planet exploding could be very well true. Nobody has been able to confirm that, apparently. Going below a certain... depth... there is a field of storms that tears ships apart and would confound all but the most advanced or accurate of breeze mappers. Above, there is an area where some larger islands float. A kind of unlivable wild frontier, where the air is so thin that breathing apparatus are required to survive. Some very interesting treasures lay up there. Of course, there is also the Wild CloudSea, the area outside of settled areas like the Imperial Sphere. A dangerous, twisting, wild wind pattern requiring the use of breeze mappers to get through, but safer- MUCH safer- than trying to descend down to whatever lay below. There are some other known of settled areas, and they get along as well as one might expect when putting together different species, races, nationalities and religions. )

That's a lie. It already was a habit. She liked reading, and that was about it. If there were non-reading things to be done, she'd do them, then sleep the rest of the day away to forget they happened. Not like she had anything better to do. It wasn't a vice yet, though, certainly. She knew better than that. There were some things she HAD to do, that only she could do. People would come to her looking for help. She couldn't talk to them face to face very often, but she did her best to help them.

( Omnipresent? I believe you are thinking of a God. Hardly... I am not much of a weaver, nor a writer. I am a reader. A watcher. For time uncountable, I have observed bits and pieces of the world through the lens most important to mortals: Time. Unlike my- I hesitate to call them kin- I view things on the same scale of time as living creatures. From moment to moment. It's a fascinating view of the universe. You see so much, when everything is moving so slow. But I do not have the power to do much. )

( . . . I truly am a book without pages now. You may call me "The Empty" , to avoid further confusion in the future. )

Tonight she was in a club. This dream isn't too uncommon, but it is different this time. Normally she's up on stage, and depending on if it's a dream or nightmare, she then starts to perform an act. Sometimes it was just sitting nicely and reading a book. Sometimes it was something horrible like singing, or even worse. Oddly enough, her least favorite thing was the reading. It was... like being dissected. So many eyes watching you do something that you would prefer to enjoy privately. She got a shiver. So she's lucid. Great.

( Why Alice. Alice... Alice. Alice of Vaugen. The answer is simple, and goes well with helping to explain your fourth question: I saved Alice because we are similar. We are without purpose. Goal. Ambition. Her needs and desires had long since fallen dormant, and were little more than requirements to continue the existence she had. I saved her because in the entire world, at that exact moment, there was someone who resonated with me. )

The club act was alright. It was some older guy in a very nice looking suit that didn't quite fit him right. He was always adjusting his neckline and tie. He was a comedian, telling jokes about what it was like to be married and little bits and pieces of his life and how he never got any respect. Alice felt uncomfortable laughing at his jokes, but she did all the same. Maybe it was because despite the lack of actual understanding of his situation, the humor... resonated with her. Why did she think that? . . .

( The Muse. That is a... difficult question to answer. Theologically, we are probably fairly close to gods. We largely hold unimaginable power, although it is very... limited in it's use. I do not remember when they started calling themselves Muses though. They have different reasons for doing what they do, and some of them are even more noble than others- I have met at least three Muses of the Anti-Hero. The other two were much more reasonable than the one we defeated... and yet, I cannot condone their meddling in the universe. Maybe I'm a hypocrite. )

Alice looked down at the table. There was a drink there. She smelled it. Alcohol. . . . She closer her eyes and took a gulp. It burned. It reminded her of the times she accidentally caught herself in the explosion of her pyrotechnics... but it tasted much better. Bitter, but sweet. Fruity, with an herbal taste that lingered after she forced herself to drink it. . . . THIS might become a vice. She quickly put the glass down and got up. As much as she was enjoying the club, her mind kept coming back to the nightmare moments she experienced here and she didn't want to stick around lest it become her time to get up on stage.

( As for your motivations and reasons for helping... I think I like you, voices. I think we will get along just fine. If I failed to answer a question satisfactorily, please, continue to ask. I believe Alice is going to wake up soon, and could do without our meddling for a ltitle bit. )

She grabbed the door handle, pushed it open and-

( ) Woke up, Alone.
( ) Woke up, next to Qhen.
( ) Woke up, next to a blue-scaled girl.
( ) Woke up, wearing a grey cloak.
( ) Woke up, in the middle of something.
( ) Walked into another dream.
( ) Walked into a nightmare.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cloudsea - by Tuesbirdy - 06-12-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by Dragon Fogel - 06-12-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by Zephyr Nepres - 06-13-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by NotABear - 06-13-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by Schazer - 06-13-2017, 01:43 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by NotABear - 06-13-2017, 03:27 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by Tuesbirdy - 06-13-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by typeandkey - 06-13-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by NotABear - 06-13-2017, 10:48 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by Tuesbirdy - 06-14-2017, 12:02 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by typeandkey - 06-14-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by NotABear - 06-14-2017, 09:34 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by wiltingMyosotis - 06-14-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by Tuesbirdy - 06-14-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by typeandkey - 06-14-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by Myeth - 06-14-2017, 02:09 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by NotABear - 06-15-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by wiltingMyosotis - 06-15-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by Myeth - 06-15-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by typeandkey - 06-15-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by Tuesbirdy - 06-15-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by NotABear - 06-15-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Cloudsea - by typeandkey - 06-16-2017, 12:19 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by Dragon Fogel - 06-16-2017, 04:16 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by Tuesbirdy - 06-16-2017, 04:17 AM
RE: Cloudsea - by NotABear - 06-16-2017, 07:34 AM
RE: Cloudsea - The Chronicle of Alice Van Vaugen - by NotABear - 06-30-2017, 08:35 PM