The Daydreamer Project: Teatime

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Daydreamer Project: Teatime
RE: The Daydreamer Project: Perchance, Two Dreams?
---
(06-14-2017, 09:32 PM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »> Drink some imaginary orange juice and gaze at the moon.
[Image: fSw9z5L.png]

There is a brief moment wherein you try to soak in the scene beyond the window and clear your head of your worries in the waking world. Your feel a flicker of an image in the back of your head - an impression of yourself enjoying a view as one stereotypically goes about stargazing, complete with a little beverage in your hand. Maybe sparkling water, or some kind of juice; the impression of the scene lingers longer than your attention to the moon itself, but nothing changes in your immediate environment.

You haven't been able to change things around here on your own for a very long time. That's Professor Goodnight's job.

"Care for something to drink?" He says, tilting his head up in your direction.

"Oh no," you insist, trying to be courteous. "I'm actually just thinking-"

[Image: ht3fRkN.png]

But it's too late. The juice has already manifested in your hands. Your courtesy holds no power here.

You realize this is a quiet reminder from the Professor that there's no point in trying to keep secrets here. He knows everything you do here, and understands everything you're thinking.

(06-15-2017, 09:34 AM)ProfessorLizzard Wrote: »>Lets not dawdle, lets get down to business
[Image: UI2E0AT.png]

You sigh, stepping back towards the table.

Professor Goodnight beckons you with a finger.
"So, then?"

Your thoughts turn from the safety of your dream sanctum to the day ahead of you. You'll be starting with your very first job soon - an internship with The Daydreamer Project.
"I've been worried about work," you confess. "This is going to be the first time since Middle School I'll know I'm dreaming but still leave our tower. Are you sure you can't come with me?"

[Image: Ay9PCqn.png]

"Oh, harumph and phooey!" Professor Goodnight slouches back into his chair with a huff. "This is exactly why we've all been so skeptical of this... 'job' business of yours. You and I both know I can't leave this tower without 'you-know-what' coming with me."

There is an uncomfortable silence. His eyes narrow.

"Lynette, dear... what does your nightmare look like, these days?"

Messages In This Thread
The Daydreamer Project: Teatime - by Mr Machine - 06-14-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: The Daydreamer Project: Teatime - by Arcanuse - 07-04-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: The Daydreamer Project: Teatime - by Arcanuse - 07-09-2017, 06:45 AM
RE: The Daydreamer Project: Teatime - by Myeth - 07-09-2017, 09:47 AM