Great Haven Lore and Discussion (and Q&A??)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Haven Lore and Discussion (and Q&A??)
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion
(05-16-2017, 02:39 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »Are there many musicians in Great Haven (and do certain races like music more than others)?
Have there been any notable figures in the world's past that we can know about?

I haven't really thought about this; that's a very good question. If there are any famous musicians, they're probably Rozo. Other than that, the number of historic figures that are otherwise regular people.. I could probably count on one hand so far.

Quote:How is magic viewed by the ordinary citizen?

...Pretty... normally. It's a fact of life, unless you can't use it. Certain races are more capable than others at using it, the top choices being humans and torills, but it's still so widely used that NOT being able to use magic is almost a disability. People will build machines to accommodate for one's inability to levitate much like one would use a wheelchair.

But since this is a time in history where magic isn't really well understood, there are a lot of misconceptions as to how it works. And that affects things like the technologies that are widely available... or the prejudices one might have against someone else being more or less magically gifted.

Quote:If you had a self insert, what would they be like?
Raoul :U

I actively try to avoid self-inserts, but I guess it can't be helped when there's already a character i can easily identify with.

Quote:Have you thought about having other main characters to control or is Raoul it?

Raoul was originally going to be it, but I'm considering some changes.

(05-16-2017, 02:39 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »Has somebody made a way for Hiir to be as tall as others (eg. stilts)?

[Image: jJ2U0Mc.png]

Quote:What weaponry is commonplace?

If you aren't using magic, you're probably using a blade or a spear of some kind; long range melee weapons are really common. Firearms are relatively unused, but they've been around for a long time, so you'll often find some very old models. Modern firearms for Great Haven's time are way, way expensive and difficult to make, so only the richest of the rich have effective, reliable firearms.

The thing that's weirdly uncommon is armor. Why would you wear a cumbersome hunk of metal if over half of the combatants you face are just going to throw lightning?

Quote:Do we still have that pile of yuck from way back?

That got thrown in Mort's face.

Quote:In terms of technology, how advanced is most of the world?

Right now, there is a sort of energy revolution sweeping the world. Most places don't really have any need for lots of energy, and make do just fine on regular blacksmithing and agriculture, but certain cities have figured out ways to turn magic into a source of energy to do... just... neat little useful things, like heating the ground, or having dimmable lights, or making some funny wheels turn. Very few people think of these sorts of things as practical beyond just the immediate effects of, "Look, I don't need to walk on the snow any more!" As far as production, everything is still mostly done and made by hand; mass production and factories are a long way off.

Magicians have gotten really good at making temporary bullets and walls appear out of thin air, though.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-20-2017, 02:12 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-20-2017, 03:31 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by tronn - 04-23-2017, 04:13 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-23-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by Schazer - 05-01-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 05-01-2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by Justice Watch - 05-31-2017, 01:21 AM