"I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)

"I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)
RE: "I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)
In general, I'm not a fan of holiday fowl. It can be done well, but by and large, Just Turkey ends up tasting bland and providing way too many leftovers.

"Hey, given that we've got all this leftover turkey, we're having leftover turkey for dinner."

That sounded especially unappealing today, so I decided to strike out on my own and be a rebel and whatnot, and as a result, you get a recipe for Pines' Skillful Skillet Stir Skfry.

Ingredients:
-Leftover turkey
-Leftover steak
-Half a green pepper
-Two green onions
-A bit of cooking oil
-Some store-bought stir fry sauce because you're lazy
-A microwave package of rice (optional)

1. Cut the meats and veggies into bite-sized chunks. These'll be going into your mouth, so plan accordingly.

2. Stick the a bit of cooking oil into a pan and heat it up. ("The pan or the oil?" Both.)

3. Add the meats and veggies to the pan. Stir it around until it starts frying.

4. Add some of the stir fry sauce (store-bought because you're lazy). Stir stuff around. If you want more sauce, add more sauce.

5. Once all the stuff is sizzling nice and good and you've got it all stirred around and it looks like you should eat it, take it off the heat.

6. Serve atop a bed of rice if you feel like it. (Optional)

SpoilerShow

I am obviously an expert so take none of this with any salt (maybe a bit of pepper) and use none of your own judgement as far as cooking things thoroughly goes.

In the future, I plan to make an effort to keep this scandalously-understocked house stocked with sufficient garlic to add any garlic to this. Garlic would make this additionally tasty.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread) - by Pinary - 11-14-2012, 11:42 PM