The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever

The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever
RE: The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever
To me it bore a striking resemblance to FFXIV’s Maelstrom motto (Till Sea Swallows All). Not just in phrasing, but in subject matter.

In the game, it references a mythological civilization-ending flood that happened once before and—legend has it—will finish the job when it finally happens again; like many such catastrophic floods found in the world’s mythoi, it happens because the sins of the people are too great for eh, let’s say, the earth or whatever “powers that be” to bear it (in this case, a war of magic that was getting out of hand and likely to end life itself).

Cat’s Cradle takes this kind of myth and kind of turns it on its head in some ways: it’s an obvious man-made disaster in the works, the action happens on some island that’s got everything and nothing to do with the Cold War, and
Show Content

Not the only time a video game has made me think of the book, either. There’s a visual element at the end of Mother 3 that reminded me of the exact same chapter.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Eagle Time Book Club: Now reading Whatever - by BRPXQZME - 05-13-2017, 01:42 AM