dark subforum ideas thread: xxx edition

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
dark subforum ideas thread: xxx edition
RE: dark subforum ideas thread: xxx edition
(04-23-2017, 06:07 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »man this subforum is NEVER going to have a gimmick EVER AGAIN

I don't think that's the case at all. It's not hard to make a 3 user voting block, and we still have the TICKETS thread to force proposals through. What do you have in mind? I'm pretty game.

Actually, this is kind of the reason I suggested we get rid of the names under threads. If we make it clear that threads here are subject to arbitrary adjustment regardless of the OP's intent that might open the door for people to support more unique rules or requirements.

Along those lines, Wheat and Mirdini had some strong comments that I didn't get a chance to reply to yet...
(04-23-2017, 05:36 AM)Wheat Wrote: »What if someone abuses the power to make an anonymous thread which is bad (like making a thread that insults others/reveals information on others that shouldn't be revealed bad, not 'shitpost' type bad which is actually good)? Having all threads tied to a name means that if someone makes a bad thread, they can't just hide under anonymity; while if it's anonymous without real control over who has access and the alt isn't limited in scope, it'd be harder to prevent that person from doing it again.

I don't like the idea of alt accounts in general, and I don't think we should have an anonymous sub-forum. The situation where someone uses anonymity to abuse another user is a possibility already, seeing how anyone can still make an alt account and "be a jerk" in any part of the forum.

Mirdini Wrote:Forums are collaborative spaces, and while obviously there will always be some threads that 'belong' to a specific poster because they're the ones running the adventure/game/Q&A sesh, I think general discussion/tomfoolery threads are severed from that expectation pretty quickly.

Yeah, you may be right. The idea of "thread ownership" might be a concept I've just been particularly sensitive to lately. And it can be difficult to manage people's expectations regarding threads.

What if we... oh hey a52 has been posting...

Messages In This Thread
RE: dark subforum ideas thread: xxx edition - by btp - 04-25-2017, 02:43 AM