Great Haven Lore and Discussion (and Q&A??)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Haven Lore and Discussion (and Q&A??)
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion
(04-20-2017, 08:22 PM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »Have you created certain scenarios that were avoided by commenters?

That hasn't really happened yet, to be fair. I'll say that I have been keeping to a pretty rigid sequence of events, which I regret for a story in this suggest, post, suggest, post format. But perhaps something unplanned will happen very soon as I attempt to move into a segment that's more open to suggestions.

Quote:How long since you thought up Great Haven?

In September 2014, I was a freshman in college and writing a paper for my English class. At the time, the only way I was expressing myself artistically was drawing and posting a random doodle every day. My professor was doing some "who are you" series of lectures, and it made me realize that i wanted to write and draw adventures again, since I sorta disappeared from MSPA all those years ago. So I started planing, and posted the thread here later in October.

Simoialand has existed in my head as a setting for a potential video game since like 2012 or 2011 at least.

Quote:Is spice the only currency? Or does it vary depending on region?

I wanted to have a system where there was one "currency," but different currency items would be worth different amounts in different regions (triangles worth five squares one place, vice versa in another) but that quickly got messy.

The current model is, there is one worldwide currency (spice). The global government will mint 1, 10, 50, and 100 spice coins, but as the economy inflated, major city-states started to mint their own larger denominations, each with designs unique to their region, but recognized everywhere. Raoul was shown holding one of Rhodia's coins here, but as he's illiterate, he was holding it upside-down.

Quote:Are there many races/plants we haven't seen yet?
Physically, Hiir look like mice/rats, Hawkren look like bird people and Maya looks like a turtle. Do they share any other similar characteristics?

There are six races, Sparsens, Hawrens, Torills, Rozo, Humans, and Hiiri (singular "Hiir"). Most places don't recognize Hiiri as a race of sentient people, and they're often treated as pests. I didn't want humans to be boring, so they're excellent conduits for magical energy, and in fact the most powerful of the six when it comes to that. Rozo are incredibly social, and metabolically dependent on alcohol - much of their homelands are devoted relaxation and hedonism. Torills are quite physically strong, and stand in second place when it comes to magical ability.. but generally, are also quite docile. Hawrens have a lot of options when it comes to unarmed combat, but in recent years, they have directed their efforts to research of the natural world. You can see my dissertation on the Sparsen race earlier in the thread.

I'm gonna try to get through the rest later.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-20-2017, 02:12 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-20-2017, 03:31 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by Justice Watch - 04-22-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by tronn - 04-23-2017, 04:13 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 04-23-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by Schazer - 05-01-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Great Haven Lore and Discussion - by a52 - 05-01-2017, 01:38 PM